Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  79
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
    This is a ridiculous statement and the old saying about not discussing politics and religion at parties or dinners is silly.

Politics and religion are not evil bandits that come in to steal your friends. They are however a very big part of most people. They either define or describe a large part of a persons belief system and in many cases the very core of who they are.

It wasn't politics that broke up a friendship, it was the fact that they had different beliefs.
    It's not the topics themselves that cause issues. It's the intensity with which people defend these two particular beliefs that that make them topics better left alone.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

2. Likes dean_mt, stenacron liked this post

Default Re: I'm so tired of getting ripped off!

Quote Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
    It's not the topics themselves that cause issues. It's the intensity with which people defend these two particular beliefs that that make them topics better left alone.

Oh, I understand why they try to avoid them here. I'm just saying that this idea that politics and religion are separate evil entities is silly. They are in fact who a person is.

If two friends have a fight about politics and quit being friends it's not because of some evil third entity, it's because they have different belief systems and their differences became two big to tolerate.

4. Likes dean_mt liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678