Predator by NFO

Joni

Reaction score
My hubby and I bought a couple of these new boats by Dave Scadden. They are 8' long and 52" wide give or take an inch.
It is made out of a new material. Heart Valve material. So while being strong, it is super light as well. That is what interest us more than anything. Some where around 12 lbs.
It is about a foot shorter that the Renegade.
Now some specifics:
There is a NEW Bravo Valve. It seems a lot stronger. So if ordering be prepared for this. Deflated it almost sounds like crumpling paper...LOL.
The D rings are plastic, not sure on this idea yet myself as my motor mount attaches to these. Time will tell.
Foot bar, it is out farther now, I really like this. Legs straight out for rowing.
New bags, with a choice of Blue or Red top. They are insulated as well.
New seat too. With a choice of red or blue on the accent. Also comes with a really nice stripping apron.
Here it is:

NOTE: This is with the seat, bags and oars

Have not got it wet yet, but I am sure it will be smooth sailing

dean_mt

Reaction score
That is a sweet looking rig, Joni! I was impressed by the overhead press until I got to the part that it was only 12lbs. :)

rickf

Reaction score
Joni,

Wow! I have the smaller "brother" a Outlaw Escape. I have the same valves and oar holders (although I usually never take the oars) I like to kick the Scadden "Omega" flip fins when I'm fly fishing.

Mine is 21 lbs, and a bit smaller than yours. Dave Scadden makes some really nice fly fishing 'toons!

Way to go! Looks like you will have a lot of great fly fishing times ahead.

Check this out, Joni. This girl looks a lot like you?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgI_e_sSeZQ"]Cabela's - NFO Outlaw Pontoon Boat - YouTube[/ame]

Joni

Reaction score
Joni,

Wow! I have the smaller "brother" a Outlaw Escape. I have the same valves and oar holders (although I usually never take the oars) I like to kick the Scadden "Omega" flip fins when I'm fly fishing.

Mine is 21 lbs, and a bit smaller than yours. Dave Scadden makes some really nice fly fishing 'toons!

Way to go! Looks like you will have a lot of great fly fishing times ahead.

Check this out, Joni. This girl looks a lot like you?
Cabela's - NFO Outlaw Pontoon Boat - YouTube

I wished on the look alike. The original Predator was the Escape out of this new material and NO oars. Directed to just tubers.
But, when delivered at the shows next to the Predator, NO ONE wanted the smaller version (except a few of us that asked for it ) It weighed in at 9 lbs.

I do admit I like this version. More room (for Baxter) behind the seat and moving that foot bar out farther is like he made the boat for me.

osok

Reaction score
I know you and hubby like to have all the boats but my questions is when would you use this over the single person Assault that you have posted pic's of? The Assault was tricked out to the max and looked like a do all boat, if one boat could do all. Now you have this so I'm curious if this is replacing the Assault or any other of your boats?

I ask these questions because I'm trying to choose another NFO to use in place of my X-5 when I don't want to haul such a large pontoon. Travelling around some states and hauling the X-5 takes a lot of room. Just when I think maybe I've found the replacement you come up with another.lol You sure make it hard to choose, so my trigger finger is not twitching.

stanbiker

Reaction score
Joni,

I have the challenger, but id like to add something a little smaller. I've been trying to decide between the escape and renegade. This sounds perfect! What is the price? (It's not on his web site yet...)

Thanks

Joni

Reaction score
I know you and hubby like to have all the boats but my questions is when would you use this over the single person Assault that you have posted pic's of? The Assault was tricked out to the max and looked like a do all boat, if one boat could do all. Now you have this so I'm curious if this is replacing the Assault or any other of your boats?

I ask these questions because I'm trying to choose another NFO to use in place of my X-5 when I don't want to haul such a large pontoon. Travelling around some states and hauling the X-5 takes a lot of room. Just when I think maybe I've found the replacement you come up with another.lol You sure make it hard to choose, so my trigger finger is not twitching.
I sold my Renegade. I will use the Assault on smaller lakes, and The X5 is still my favorite. The Predator is more like a float tube (weight wise).
The Assault is small and compact and packs up easy in my car in the rolling duffle. But still, it is at around 25lbs. This is half the weight. There is one lake I love, that is BIG. actually it ia our drinking water. Problem is getting to the water. It is in a bowl and no roads down to it for public use, so we have to hike the boats down and up.
I am able to do it with either the Ren or the Assault. Just looking for a little easier way.

Thing I would like to put out there is although this weighs as much as a SFC it is limited in how small you can fold it up. It still has the welded on D rings, the Oar holders, Handles and skid strip on bottom so it does not fold up supper small. Maybe 22" x 24" x 6".

rickf

Reaction score
Joni,

I put a portable fish finder on my Scadden Outlaw Escape. I used a small piece of PVC with a couple rubber straps.

Super light and super easy. I just slide the fish finder in the holder and push the start button...... and I can see the fish, depth and temp. A WalMart cheapo for $116! It takes six AA's and the batteries will last over 20 fishing trips.

Joni

Reaction score
That is great!
I use the same sonar I have used for the past 8 years. A boat model adapted for any of my Pontoons. I use a rechargeable tiny 12V battery used for Alarms.

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Joni,

I have the challenger, but id like to add something a little smaller. I've been trying to decide between the escape and renegade. This sounds perfect! What is the price? (It's not on his web site yet...)

Thanks
The show price is $999. but that will stop real soon and it goes to $1,400.