Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Furled Leaders

Default Furled Leaders

I know that there is a thread that was started by the CutThroat Leader Co. but I wanted to inquire from the general membership if anyone who has tried this product can give their 2¢ worth.
    Thanks in advance,
    Roger

Default Re: Furled Leaders

I use them, and they are great! but I really like a regular loop leader better.

I like a tippet ring (check Google, they are popular in UK) and you can Uni or Clinch a new tippet in a couple seconds without making the leader shorter.

3. Likes Ard, mcnerney, fredaevans liked this post
    Blog Entries

I have some, well made, cast well. I know Oarfish just got some and many others here are using them also.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

I use them and love them. Easy to cast, turn over flies well, easy to change tippet sizes, and can last a season or longer.

Are you familiar with furled leaders and asking about the Cutthroats leaders or wondering about furled leaders in general?
    - William

6. Likes Ard, fredaevans liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    I use them and love them. Easy to cast, turn over flies well, easy to change tippet sizes, and can last a season or longer.

Are you familiar with furled leaders and asking about the Cutthroats leaders or wondering about furled leaders in general?
    Sorry, I should have clarified my question. I had looked at the product that CTL offers online for while now and just last night ordered some of the furled leaders from them. I too like the idea of using the tippet ring and not continuously shortening my leader as I make fly changes stream side. I order two of each size, one to fit my 3wt rod and one to fit my 5wt rod. I hike with the wife in the CO Rockies and fish some highland lakes and streams with the 3wt using 18 - 22 size dry flys and bigger CO and WY rivers with the 5wt. We are spending four weeks in CO this summer and two more this fall, so I will give them a try. Thanks to all of you who have responded and good luck on the fly!
    Roger

8. Likes Ard liked this post

I just got mine in from Cutthroat Leader Co. Very nice craftmanship. I ordered two of the spring promotion setups with tippet ring. Plus some more floatant.

Cant sling them out just yet because of the coming thunderstorm.....but these look they will do quite nicely.
    I was worries about the tippet ring to be honest. But seeing them in person has swayed my thinking on them.

Will give a report after I get them wet. So far I am liking what I am seeing.
    Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    Doug

10. Likes Ard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by popperhopper View Post
    I just got mine in from Cutthroat Leader Co. Very nice craftmanship. I ordered two of the spring promotion setups with tippet ring. Plus some more floatant.

Cant sling them out just yet because of the coming thunderstorm.....but these look they will do quite nicely.
    I was worries about the tippet ring to be honest. But seeing them in person has swayed my thinking on them.

Will give a report after I get them wet. So far I am liking what I am seeing.
    Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the input popperhopper. I and many more look forward to your next report after you set a few hooks.
    Roger

12. Likes Ard liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Mine are all from 'Joni,' as I use them off of 2handers they need to be 'custom built.' They all lay out like a bullet off the end of a 12.5-13' spey rod.

Edit: 3wt to 6wt's. The Rogue River to Montana.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I use the Cutthroat Leaders. I have both nymph and dry fly leaders. Really like 'em. Great turnover, great sink on the nymphs. Great customer service. Really like the tippet rings.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

15. Likes Ard liked this post

Do any of you switch between nymphing and dries with the same furled leader? The ability to do this has been my one question mark in buying furled leaders? I really enjoy the ability to switch from nymphing to dries with a typical leader.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."
    ~by Tony Blake

"A trout is a moment of beauty known only to those who seek it."
    ~ Arnold Gingrich

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast