Ever hear a CRASH and do a what the hell?

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Mixed up Hummer food (1/2 cup of sugar to 2 cups of water) and filled/put out same. Rinsed out the measuring cup and back to work (computer). 15 minutes later a huge CRASH in the kitchen.

No idea how/why but a heck of a lot of glass to sweep up.:icon_cry:

Last edited:

95chevy

Reaction score
My guess is that water was under the glass as alloed it to "hover" off the counter

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Humming Birds!

It's been going on 10 years now since I had Humming Birds to feed. You remind me that I miss them Fred.................

2 days ago the first Robins showed up out back, just in time for the last snow of the season I hope. Not a whole lot of variety here during summer in the back yard but a short walk to the wet lands and there are more variety of warbler than I can identify.

Out at the cabin it's a birder's dream, maybe I'll start a list on species this year and try to sort them out.

nickj

Reaction score
We've had the Broad-Tailed hummers here for a few weeks. They arrive early so they can have a few weeks of relative peace before the Rufous show up. Then the hummingbird wars commence. Great entertainment..

fredaevans

Reaction score
That was the hummers rejecting your weak mix. 4-1 is what we use here. :p
The mix is dependent on how often you want them to come back to the feeder. The higher the sugar content, the less they need to visit. If the weather is cold/wet up goes the sugar ration. But the 4 - 1 (or close) is my usual. In the early season I'll even go to 3.5 - 1.

But 1/2 cup of sugar to 2 cups of water is still your basic 4-1 for a feeder. Which reminds me, (Memo to Self) I need to trim back a rose bush so I can watch same better.

End game is every week you want to really dump/scrub out a feeder.

Did so today and in the back yard Finch feeder .... earwig's ... tons of the damned things! Euuuugh! :mad: Even the Hummer feeder had one in the bloody thing, not to mention ants.:icon_cry:

Last edited:

Flyfisher for men

Reaction score
[QUOTE]
Ever hear a CRASH and do a what the hell?
[/QUOTE]

This pretty much sums up my double haul.

Enjoy the humming birds. Cool little guys.

nick k

Reaction score
Mixed up Hummer food (1/2 cup of sugar to 2 cups of water) and filled/put out same. Rinsed out the measuring cup and back to work (computer). 15 minutes later a huge CRASH in the kitchen.

No idea how/why but a heck of a lot of glass to sweep up.:icon_cry:
Fred, I'd say I have NO idea whats going in 90% of your posts. Including this one.

fredaevans

Reaction score
Fred, I'd say I have NO idea whats going in 90% of your posts. Including this one.
I'm so sorry you're a slow reader, so I'll type slowly ....

90% of what gets posted up in fishing forums is what I call 'campfire banter.' Go ahead and look up the word 'banter.' I'll wait.:rolleyes:

You're back, lets carry on.

On one level how many questions on what kind of camera, what kind of sunglass', what kind of leader, etc., get posted up over the course of time.? (Those happen to be current threads.)

If I feel I have something to contribute, I will. If you find that bothersome there is an "Ignore" function; please feel free to use same.

nick k

Reaction score
I'm so sorry you're a slow reader, so I'll type slowly ....

90% of what gets posted up in fishing forums is what I call 'campfire banter.' Go ahead and look up the word 'banter.' I'll wait.:rolleyes:

You're back, lets carry on.

On one level how many questions on what kind of camera, what kind of sunglass', what kind of leader, etc., get posted up over the course of time.? (Those happen to be current threads.)

If I feel I have something to contribute, I will. If you find that bothersome there is an "Ignore" function; please feel free to use same.
Didn't mean to offend you Fred. Not bothered by any of your posts, just confused as hell by your unique style of writing and words that I assume are common in your part of the country. For instance, I have no idea what hummer food is. Please don't take offense to my last post, I meant none.