Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Cabelas streamers?

I have never bought flies from Cabelas before so I don't know the quality. I have a fishing trip coming up in june, and I need to stock up on some streamers. I am only considering going through cabelas because I have gift cards there, and I am also buying some fly line through them. If anybody has any experience with the quality, I would greatly appreciate it. Or if anybody would like to trade an unused gift card for some hand tied flies, that would be awesome too. Any help would be great.

Default Re: Cabelas streamers?

I bought the majority of my flies from Cabelas, the quality probably not the best but good enough. They cost less than my local BPS or Orvis and no sales tax. I usually bought a bunch when Cabelas is having $50 min Free Shipping.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

Default Re: Cabelas streamers?

Quote Originally Posted by SdDryFly View Post
    I have never bought flies from Cabelas before so I don't know the quality. I have a fishing trip coming up in june, and I need to stock up on some streamers. I am only considering going through cabelas because I have gift cards there, and I am also buying some fly line through them. If anybody has any experience with the quality, I would greatly appreciate it. Or if anybody would like to trade an unused gift card for some hand tied flies, that would be awesome too. Any help would be great.
    usually the hooks on many "store bought" flies are cheap. should be ok for trout. not for steelhead/salmon. have seen them break on those big dudes.
    http://outdoorsnow.blogspot.com