Slab of the month

theboz

Reaction score
Not to long ago one of our members John Montana was up for Slab of the Year on the Moldy Chum site and we gave him a little help by voting . Now another member starting in June will be up for Slab of the Month for May.
Didgeridoo(Nick) got this monster Sturgeon on the fly and hopefully you will give him some votes like we gave John. If you dont know Nick he catches some big fish especially catfish and is one heck of a fish artist!
Soon as the April contest ends it will be up for voting.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
I think there was also rumors of John Montana's friend who also caught a sturgeon is entering in SOTM, not sure what month though

Vans

Reaction score
I think there was also rumors of John Montana's friend who also caught a sturgeon is entering in SOTM, not sure what month though

Rumors so far. I am guess he will hold off at this point. That was an amazing thing to see.

Grats Didg.

Didgeridoo

Reaction score
Thanks guys! A couple of my buddies have caught them in that river on the fly also a couple years ago. My buddy Matt may have an unofficial line class world record...he landed one with his 6wt and 6lb tippet. That was the first one he ever got. Thing was a good sized one too, not quite as big as the one I got but still impressive!

This was another one he got. I can't find a pic of the one he got with his 6wt.

Nick

Vans

Reaction score
Rumors so far. I am guess he will hold off at this point. That was an amazing thing to see.

Grats Didg.

I guess i shouldnt say it was rumors, as he did indeed catch one. I took the pics after all....

In the case of this one, it was a sight fishing. We saw the group of large fish in about 4' of water and David cast to them and you see the result.

Yours is a great fish Didg. You got my vote for May.

Didgeridoo

Reaction score
That's sweet, pics of a white sturgeon on the fly. Cool to see pics of both species caught on the fly.

Nick