Vermonters Intro

vtmatt

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Matt, I grew up in VT, and started fly fishing almost 2 years ago and have loved it ever since......I started a blog a few weeks back, feel free to check it out! I do not get money from views on this blog, it's purely for personal reasons. It has my intro so it's easier to post this link instead of typing another one!

Feel free to PM me if you live in the Burlington area, or even if you'd like to chat gear, water, whatever fishing....thanks for looking!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Minor rant here.

It was Global Warming, now its Climate change, what will they call it next given we've 15 years of 'global cooling?'

Never mind, Ard doesn't like this type of question. ;)

Not to worry Ard, not going to 'Where no man has gone before.' Think that's the Star Trek deal. :D

Fred

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum.

No worries about climate discussions Fred; what we have to avoid is trying to argue for or against something. I think it's safe to say that many people all over this country and many others, are experiencing some of the strangest weather that we have ever seen in our lifetimes. Because of that I think Climate Change may be a better description of what we are seeing.

Whatever is causing it? Whenever it started? Whether we could have; should have taken some course of action to avoid it?

All these questions are moot because it's here; it's in Vermont, it's in Oregon, and most other places already and there is very little point in taking a side after the game has been decided.

So, welcome to the forum Matt :D

rickf

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that many people all over this country and many others, are experiencing some of the strangest weather that we have ever seen in our lifetimes.
Amen, Hardy,

Whatever you want to call it, these "severe" thunder storms we get now scare me half to death when I'm way out in a lake in my float tube!

And all these stinkin' tornadoes ...... even here in PA. We've never had weather like this before? And the stinkin' spring floods and the super hot summer drought, it's messing up the Susquehanna! Once a world class smallmouth fishery (shallow river, perfect for a fly rod) and now it's almost fishless! This really breaks my heart!

I don't know if it's Global Warming or Global Cooling, but this weather is just crazy!