Where to buy knotless tippets?

flymoron

Reaction score
ORVIS has them, but I would like to find another brand, I use them on furled
leaders, they are so convenient to use on the water.

thanks

aggieoutlaw

Reaction score
Do you mean knotless leaders? If so, you can get them at literally any fly fishing shop or sporting good store with FF gear.

Sage & Abel

Reaction score
I believe you're speaking of knotless leaders as well. All tippet is knotless. There are a ton of brands to choose from. I use Rio Powerflex.

Mike.

flymoron

Reaction score
Orvis's is just a 5ft piece of tippet material on a roll that just snap apart, they used to be bimini twist on one end.

Aggie, I really appreciate your sale tips!

jaybo41

Reaction score
I use Orvis Flouro for trout and have not seen knotted tippet come out of a fly shop or from Orvis. Now, I have added tippet to a full spool from one that was nearly dead and added a knot but that's not from the factory.

Sounds to me like you're using the Bimini Tippet

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=1Y29

When you're using a furled leader, stick to mono or flouro tippet. I wouldn't add a tapered leader to one unless your intention is fishing with long leaders.

Last edited:

aggieoutlaw

Reaction score
Meant no disrespect. Never heard of those before. My comments sounded smart having reread them. Didn't mean it that way. Sorry for any offense. I was just trying to help.

Sage & Abel

Reaction score
I use Orvis Flouro for trout and have not seen knotted tippet come out of a fly shop or from Orvis. Now, I have added tippet to a full spool from one that was nearly dead and added a knot but that's not from the factory.

Sounds to me like you're using the Bimini Tippet

Tippets / Bimini Tippets -- Orvis

When you're using a furled leader, stick to mono or flouro tippet. I wouldn't add a tapered leader to one unless your intention is fishing with long leaders.
Learn something new every day - ever heard of it. Link didn't work for me mate.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
ORVIS has them, but I would like to find another brand, I use them on furled
leaders, they are so convenient to use on the water.

thanks
I'm scratching my head here at 0500; a term I've never seen before. But off the end of a furled leader all you need is a run of 'leader' of what ever test is appropriate for your fishing.

So why something 'exautic?' (sp?)

flymoron

Reaction score
I tie my flies on them ahead of time, that way when i am on the water it just
takes seconds to attach them to the loop on my furled leader.

aggieoutlaw

Reaction score
Is it loop to loop? Would a perfection loop in tippet function similarly? I'm trying to understand how these work.