Constantly amazed by this fly

nick k

Reaction score
There are a lot of really impressive flies out there. In particular, a lot of people are extremely talented with deer hair and also with making very lifelike insect flies. The fly below is neither, but has always been my favorite. True art and creativity.

nick k

Reaction score
You can cast anything you want with a 6wt (or any rod), its just a matter of how far you need to cast it.

siege

Reaction score
That is a beautiful rendition. It looks like it would be deadly on Amazon river fish like the "Leather-lipped Riposnortimus". Are those beauties sold by the fly, or by the pound ? I think they would turn over nicely on a 12‘ 12wt, sometimes called a 12 x 12, or a "gross" rod.
I'm sure it took a lot of effort to produce that work of art. Thanks for sharing the picture and the smile :D

gannoli

Reaction score
Dear lord, could catch a monster of a bass on that thing. Although, I think if I bought one it would go in a case and on a shelf or in a frame and on the wall. Too beautiful to use!

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Nick, that's pretty cool! Reminds me of some of Pat Cohen's flies. He ties some awesome fishing flies, and his art is even more awesome.

Jeez, those are crazy. Wonder what the average tie time is?

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Those flies are so beautiful it would be hard to actually use one, I'd frame them and hang them on a wall.

bigjim5589

Reaction score
Pat Cohen is an amazing tyer!
What's really amazing is he hasn't been tying all that long! He sure perfected his tying in a short time frame!

I'm with you guys on any of those, they would not get fished! Display only! Too beautiful to fish! :worthy: