Cabelas SALE! TLR 8.5 5 wt $19 reg$129

flymoron

Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right place to post, I just ordered 3!

p.s. is there a special place to post sales?

ted4887

Reaction score
Whoa, that's a steal. I just ordered two, and didn't even mind having to pay for expedited shipping since I'll be out of town next week. Seriously, snatch up a few of these as backup rods if nothing else. For $20, they would make great Xmas or Birthday gifts for that not-too-special-that-they-get-a-$600-rod person in your life.

tex

Reaction score
13' 8wt switch rod coming my way!!!! Happy day!!!!!!

Thanks for posting this flymoron, but my wife is going to be ticked I bought another rod.

nick k

Reaction score
Do I want the 8wt Spey for $40? Rod is cheap, but extra spool, shooting head, tips, and running line are another 130. I'm wondering if my 6wt Spey with 385 scandi head can handle my salt water flies and stripers fine enough.

tex

Reaction score
Do I want the 8wt Spey for $40? Rod is cheap, but extra spool, shooting head, tips, and running line are another 130. I'm wondering if my 6wt Spey with 385 scandi head can handle my salt water flies and stripers fine enough.
I went with the 8wt and one of their on-sale reels, but I am going to hold off on buying the line/tips/heads/etc. until I can actually afford it. It was just too good of a deal to not grab up.

caberguy

Reaction score
Predictably sold out (the $20 5 weight anyway)... and I was just on there this morning hemming and hawing about picking up a 3 wt glass. Oh well, good excuse to pick up my first spey (or switch... or whatever that 13' 8wt is)... you could barely got the rod tube for that.

nick k

Reaction score
Picked up the 13'0'' 8wt as a salt water spey for stripers. Now I just got to figure out what weight outbound short to put on it.....

nick k

Reaction score
Looks like this ship has sailed (or saled maybe). Checked again today and they aren't even listing the TLRs anymore, just the TLR saltwater rods which are full price.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
They were gone at the end of the day it was dicovered. I went back to buy a spey rod just cause and they were all gone. I shoulda ordered it when they were there. Oh well.

nick k

Reaction score
They were gone at the end of the day it was dicovered. I went back to buy a spey rod just cause and they were all gone. I shoulda ordered it when they were there. Oh well.
Yeah, I was rushing most of the day to get all the information together to figure out if I wanted the 8wt and 9wt spey. Went with the 8wt for $40. I don't even think that covered the cost of the cork for the rod.