Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Lavro Drift Boats

"South" what you really need to do is have them give you a 'loaner.' Hell, they can even come fish too! Boats are, like rods, pretty water specific so you want one that matches where you'll be doing your river running.

Another 'huge debate' here in the PNW is the width of the bottom. 48 inches vs. 54 (think I've got that right). Same boat length, but how wide and what does it bring to the Party? 6 inches doesn't sound like much (OK you Guys, let's keep this on focus!) but you really can tell the difference depending upon the water/weight in the boat.

Back to business, at the least put one in a lake and just row it around a bit. Cut on this oar? Cut/back oar on the other. What happened, or didn't. I think you get the picture.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Quote Originally Posted by South Holston View Post
    Sqimmy- I guess it is easier in the East.. we paddle drift boats...I have paddled, rowed , and pushed drift boats for a number of years
    Sqimmy, I respect your opinion. I like Clackas and Hydes also..Boulder is making a reasonbly priced boat now..And they are nice.
    Just trying to figure out what the average Joe can afford. And I am pretty darn average.
    Treker , Fred and Dean , thank you for your comments. I really am trying to figure the affordability thing out.
    Rod holders... I guess PVC is pretty easy to install..
    I hear you. New boats are very expensive, what's a new Clacka now, $7000? For a guy that wants to get a drift boat, a first drift boat, I imagine this would be a great entry level boat. I isn't a "tank" if you don't have anything to compare it to!

Rod Champion,

Please check your P.M.ís / Lavro Lazy Drifter inquiry.

Thanks, TT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12