Ever had a really bad idea? Like grow a beard?

kicker19

Reaction score
even though beards attract everything (dirt, lint, toothpaste, food, etc etc) there is no shame in having one, it adds character !!

swimmy

Reaction score
Actually wish I could grow one, especially during the Winter. I get some whiskers on my chin and mustache but that's about it.

But on the flip side, I don't have to spend a lot of money shaving accessories.:D

stl_geoff

Reaction score
I hate to shave...so I do it about every 3-4 days, so its always knocking off a thin beard, minus the gotee, that part stays. However, wintertime is offical beard time. November to march sometimes April is beard season. I dont care what the wife says :p

nick k

Reaction score
Ladies love a nice beard, and especially a nice mustache. Back in the day, nothing said "distinguished" like some facial hair.

Exhibits 1-4:

two_nymph_rig

Reaction score
I have been married for almost three years, and have known my wife for about 6. I don't think she has ever seen me clean shaven. She will not allow it. I do not complain one bit, I hate shaving.

williamhj

Reaction score
I grew one while moving to Colorado, actually grew in in Wisconsin :) My wife likes it and I love not shaving everyday. Many benefits to a beard. That said, I've got some friends who shouldn't grow one, just doesn't come in right.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The whiskers grow whether I want them or not. Almost every picture of me has the 'you need a shave look'. Every winter when I come home from the cabin I have a task cutting the gray fur from my face. I would be happy if my face went bald rather than my scull................

duker

Reaction score
I've had a beard for 15 years. In addition to its debatable aesthetic qualities, it saves me having to shave in the morning. My wife doesn't like it. It's not coming off unless I need surgery or something.

Beards are a sign of a rich inner life.

Scott

calftail

Reaction score
My beard started in '68 after living in a bunker. I went to Woodstock in "69" and it's still here. I keep it trimmed. It's grey.

jcw355

Reaction score
Mine has a lot of grey, but I dont care. I've had one since I was 19. I have to give it a trim every few weeks. I dont want a zztop beard.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
I would be happy if my face went bald rather than my scull................
Boy ain't that the truth!! Or my damn ears, Mrs Fysh takes the tweezers to my ears every few weeks to keep em in control.

I like to keep my whiskers on the short side too.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
I've had a beard for 15 years. In addition to its debatable aesthetic qualities, it saves me having to shave in the morning. My wife doesn't like it. It's not coming off unless I need surgery or something.

Beards are a sign of a rich inner life.

Scott
First time I've actually laughed out loud in days! My first 'Beard' was the result of falling off my roof. Well, the fall was nothing, the contact with an asvalt drive way was another matter. Still keep that old Costco entry card as that's the only picture I have.

Fred