Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: reel for 8wt.

1. Default reel for 8wt.

what reel would you reccomend for steelhead,that will hold an 8wt. thats not going to break the bank?

2. Default Re: reel for 8wt.

Galvin torque

Blog Entries

Default Re: reel for 8wt.

Quote Originally Posted by rubby View Post
    what reel would you reccomend for steelhead,that will hold an 8wt. thats not going to break the bank?
    How about a budget?

Bauer MX4 is my fave 8wt reel. I don't know where you can find one, because it's been discontinued, but if you can find one it's awesome.
    Cheers,
    --Rob

I'll tell you the same thing I told the guy looking for a salmon reel, Pfluger Medalist. There is a shop online that is selling them for 55$ a piece brand new.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Lightbulb Re: reel for 8wt.

Size/price of the reel has a lot to do with where/how you have to fish. As this is/was your first post knowing 'where' would be very helpful. As for the suggestion of the PM's, the reels are bullet proof if you're really on a budget and can find (the LARGEST!) on e-bay.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Allen Alpha III