Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

Default Re: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

We could do that, I'll keep the motor on the drift boat just in case.

Tiger Musky right up the Canyon too, actually only been after them once in the past 12 yrs, kinda sad huh.

2. Default Re: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    We could do that, I'll keep the motor on the drift boat just in case.

Tiger Musky right up the Canyon too, actually only been after them once in the past 12 yrs, kinda sad huh.

I have access to several Pontoons, he,, he, he. Hey, I have lived here for quite a while and even tied some Tiger Musky flies, think I ever used them?!
    The old man is soooo picky about where to fish. He says there is too many idiots at Pineview (which I have to agree cause we use to water ski there and camp).
    I am surprised I got him to Utah lake last year for Carp.
    So, screw him, I know someone there now, he, he, he.

Default Re: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

Your hubby is right!
    Pineview is a magnet for stupid. lol

4. Default Re: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

I dont clean my lines ever. I figured I would just get new line in a year. Is there that much differnce in lines? I mean whats the differnce from scinetific angler line at walmart compared to the $60.00 line at the flyshop?
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life:
    SO GO FISHING

5. Default Re: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by larrysmith9865 View Post
    I dont clean my lines ever. I figured I would just get new line in a year. Is there that much differnce in lines? I mean whats the differnce from scinetific angler line at walmart compared to the $60.00 line at the flyshop?
    Huge.
    "If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach

6. Default Re: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

I agree, HUGE difference. Material, Coating, taper.

7. Default Re: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by larrysmith9865 View Post
    HUGE. The last cheap walmart line that I bought was very impressive the way it maintained all of its coils after the cast. Second to the rod, your line is the most important item. Get a good quality line and the difference will reveal itself.

Another thing I've stopped doing is doubling over the line when threading it through the rod guides. It just seems logical to me that the tighter and more often you bend the line for that purpose, the more cracks will develop in the tip section of the line. Cracks=water=sink. Perhaps a bit over the top, but line is getting expensive and the longer I can make it last, the better.
    The head, the tail, the whole damn thing

8. Default Re: Floating Line Doesn't Anymore

I never thought of that FS, but you have a good point. I fold mine at the Loop to Loop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123