Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'White balls' on top of really high tension electric distribution posts?

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Question 'White balls' on top of really high tension electric distribution posts?

Odd off question but 1/4 mile from me (across Hwy 140) is a main electric feed into Medford (where ever). Did a 'what?'

Each of these towers (and they're damned tall) now has a white disk/circle in the middle of the top cross bar. Must have been one hell of a job for someone to climb up there and put the thing in position.

Anyone have any idea what the heck they're for?

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Default Re: 'White balls' on top of really high tension electric distribution posts?

I know by me Fred they have a big orange ball on the wire going across rt 80. It's for low flying aircraft. Maybe that's what yours is?
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Default Re: 'White balls' on top of really high tension electric distribution posts?

Aliens came in the night and installed so they could measure how much closer the human race is to (insert your own smarta@@ comment).

In areas where there are eagles/osprey and other endangered birds of prey, they install different types of platforms on power transmission towers so they can build nests and be somewhat protected. Know they do this in FL and around here in E TN. Get some binoculars and watch it, see if a nest shows up in the near future. Or a UFO maybe ??

Keeps the wind or snow or bird weight from making the lines touch and short out.
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Odd off question but 1/4 mile from me (across Hwy 140) is a main electric feed into Medford (where ever). Did a 'what?'

Each of these towers (and they're damned tall) now has a white disk/circle in the middle of the top cross bar. Must have been one hell of a job for someone to climb up there and put the thing in position.

fae

Next week the High Flyers club will announce the winners of their recent frisbee contest!

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

They are called capacitance caps, and are used to dissipate static electricity.
    Sometimes used to change the resonant frequency of an antenna, the hat, or cap may be used to prevent RFI ( radio frequency interference ).

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

7. Likes littledavid123, rubberguy, stenacron, N/A liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Aliens came in the night and installed so they could measure how much closer the human race is to (insert your own smarta@@ comment).

9. Likes stenacron, stl_geoff, baseman1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by siege View Post
    They are called capacitance caps, and are used to dissipate static electricity.
    Sometimes used to change the resonant frequency of an antenna, the hat, or cap may be used to prevent RFI ( radio frequency interference ).

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Good answer, don't know that I would ever want to get into a scrabble game with you!

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

I wonder if the guys on Coast to Coast A.M. have covered it?
    - William

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Each of these towers now has a white disk/circle in the middle

fae
    Fred,

Same thing up here in PA! They were left by extra terrestrials (just like the crop circles and the strange things at area 51)

Don't say anything bad about the "white disks" Fred, and for the love of God, please don't look at them too long!

That's all I can say now ....... this e-mail might be monitored?

Rick

13. Likes littledavid123 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast