Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allen Fly Fishing

Default Allen Fly Fishing

I have always heard that allen is great to work with, and I plan on buying a rod from them, so with that out of that way, has anybody had any problems with them returning e-mails. I have sent them a couple e-mails now trying to figure out which setup would work best, the first one took about 3-4 days before i got a response, and it has been 3-4 days since I e-mailed them my last question. I do realize people are busy, and they are running a business, so I am just asking a simple question. Have you found it is easier to get in touch with them over this forum or using e-mail?

mridenour Guest

Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing

I have only emailed them a few times and got an answer within a few hours. Maybe someone is on vacation???

could be, which is fine with me. Not in any hurry for a response, as I am still saving up a little money before I buy the rod, but it was just one of those useless questions that came to me while drinking my coffee this morning. I am excited to order up the Xa though.

I think they were talking about a vacation to test the new reel, or am I remembering that wrong? I wouldn't sweat a few days. Always nice to get an instant reply to a question but 3-4 days isn't unreasonable at all, especially with a small business. They have a good reputation of taking care of their customers.

As a side note, a lot of forum members use Allen gear and could probably help with your question.
    - William

5. Likes fredaevans, FlyBum liked this post

I think this is the week that justin, Evan and secret employee are on vacation fishing for steel and pinks up in Washington doing some testing on their new made in the US reel.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

I was emailing Justin back and forth and he was getting back to me within a couple hours.

I ordered a reel from them awhile back, and recently had a few questions regarding another reel.. never have had any issues(always promt follow up), been a great company to deal with so far.

I've always had good correspondence (even up till 10:30PM), but keep in mind that its basically just 2 guys running the company, so when they're busy, they're busy.

Hello, we do have a phone number on the site as well. If you want to call me personaly my number is 574-855-7100. I have been at the Cancer Treatment Center in Chicago this week. I will check my emails to see why it was not replied to. We reply to emails right away and have done so from day 1.

I had an issue with placing an order late Sunday evening. Sent an email and received a prompt reply. How many other companies do that ? Not many!
    They are building a strong brand with this type of customer service.
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast