Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: milestone, 2000

Default milestone, 2000

The other day I realized that I was approaching 2000 posts on the forum. Then today I was about to make a simple comment but saw that I was there, so I refrained.

I just wanted to make note in its own thread, not to toot my own horn on how prolific a blowhard I am, rather as a testament to great nature of this site in general. And that means all of you women and men fly fishing compatriots that participate here.

I'm not a big social media guy, I don't do the bookface or any of those. I've commented and asked questions on some of rod building forums (and a site for the perennially discontent fans of a baseball team from Chicago) but don't find the friendly, helpful "community" on other forums that is here. I feel like I've made friends here, which believe me sounds kind of odd (and my wife is sure its weird!). I even made a real life fishing buddy here who I'm going to meet this fall for second annual fishing outing. Some of us have talked on the phone and many of us have had great conversations via private message.

So here's to us. Quite possibly the best darn fishing forum on the world wide web.

Thanks everyone.

Default Re: milestone, 2000

They still play baseball in Chicago?...

Quote Originally Posted by waterfordcreek View Post
    They still play baseball in Chicago?...
    Hey now! Just wait til ...

Great post. Congratulations on the 2 Grand. Your comments obviously come from the heart, and I can only echo many of your feelings about the forum.
    I hope you are familiar with the reward associated with the milestone. At your earliest convince, you should get to a fly shop and buy yourself a high quality rod in a length and weight you don't already have !
    GOOD JOB WHOO !
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

5. Likes dean_mt, yonder liked this post
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: milestone, 2000

Congratulations on your 2000th Dean. I agree, this is one of the very best forums I've ever been on. Super people here with a massive collection of knowledge who are willing to help. I've learned so much in the short time I've been here. Tying techniques, fishing techniques, photography, tackle, fishing locales, I could go on and on. Good to have you aboard and certainly great to be a part of it all.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

7. Likes dean_mt, yonder liked this post

Very nice Dean! Folks like you are huge part of what makes this place great. I can connect with a lot of what you said; great place, great people, wife thinks it is a bit odd, and baseball in Chicago. I wear my cubs hat with pride, build character I think.
    - William

9. Likes dean_mt, yonder liked this post

That was probably the closest statement to the way I feel about the forum and the people on it! Well said John! Not the Cubbie stuff though!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

11. Likes yonder liked this post

Thanks guys.

William, I only started wearing my Cubs hat again last year. When "it" finally happens (can't even bear to type the words) we will feel the fuller joy due to unwavering commitment and anguish we have endured!

How are those Metropolitans doing this year anyway John?

13. Likes williamhj, theboz liked this post

I'm a Cubbie fan.

I fly fish.

I will prob catch a whale on a 2wt before the Cubbies win the World Series...so I have at least maybe ONE thing to look forward to !

Mike *harry caray posse
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

15. Likes dean_mt, theboz liked this post

About as crappy as your guys! But like you I stick by my team! You guys eat hot dogs with celery salt and tomatoes we eat ours with cooked onions and mustard. We all like fly fishing and the rest is what it is! How's the fishing?Thats what's important along with family!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast