Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Roadkill

1. Default Roadkill

Ok all you fly tiers (of which I am not one, I still have my sanity) how many of you actually stop the car and pick up roadkill to tie flies?

2. Default Re: Roadkill

Too unsanitary.. But I have been known to "shave the dogs" and shoot a few pigeons in the back yard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Default Re: Roadkill

No roadkill. I have been known to kick the rack off a dead buck though and take it home. Kind of messy.

Fanatic- who is the guy in your avatar?
    All Means All

4. Default Re: Roadkill

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis
    Fanatic- who is the guy in your avatar?
    Who does it look like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Default Re: Roadkill

I have no idea.
    All Means All

6. Default Re: Roadkill

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis
    I have no idea.
    Me either.. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. Default Re: Roadkill

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Hilbert
    Ok all you fly tiers (of which I am not one, I still have my sanity) how many of you actually stop the car and pick up roadkill to tie flies?
    If I can't tie flies, what makes you think I could get roadkill to do it? I'll try anything once though. I'll let you know how it works out.

Default Re: Roadkill

I'm embarrased to say that JB is not only beating me, but lapping me on the truly funny smart-arse stuff.

Cliff, I can honestly say that I have never "harvested" roadkill to use for tying material, and don't intend to. (i'm big on synthetics for their sparkle, and roadkill just comes up short there.)
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

9. Default Re: Roadkill

ok I'll be the first to admit I have done it once. I was driving through Iowa and saw a car killed Rooster Pheasant on the side of the road. I stopped and plucked some tail feathers and later used them all up, trying to perfect a Pheasant Tail Nymph. They still look better tied in Madagascar or where ever, and not by me. I try and try...........................