Roadkill

Cliff Hilbert

Reaction score
Ok all you fly tiers (of which I am not one, I still have my sanity) how many of you actually stop the car and pick up roadkill to tie flies?

fshfanatic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Too unsanitary.. But I have been known to "shave the dogs" and shoot a few pigeons in the back yard.

Curtis

Reaction score
No roadkill. I have been known to kick the rack off a dead buck though and take it home. Kind of messy.

Fanatic- who is the guy in your avatar?

JBinUTAH

Reaction score
Cliff Hilbert said:
Ok all you fly tiers (of which I am not one, I still have my sanity) how many of you actually stop the car and pick up roadkill to tie flies?
If I can't tie flies, what makes you think I could get roadkill to do it? I'll try anything once though. I'll let you know how it works out.

BigCliff

Reaction score
I'm embarrased to say that JB is not only beating me, but lapping me on the truly funny smart-arse stuff.

Cliff, I can honestly say that I have never "harvested" roadkill to use for tying material, and don't intend to. (i'm big on synthetics for their sparkle, and roadkill just comes up short there.)

Andy G.

Reaction score
ok I'll be the first to admit I have done it once. I was driving through Iowa and saw a car killed Rooster Pheasant on the side of the road. I stopped and plucked some tail feathers and later used them all up, trying to perfect a Pheasant Tail Nymph. They still look better tied in Madagascar or where ever, and not by me. I try and try...........................