Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Silver Sonic Zippered Waders

Default New Silver Sonic Zippered Waders

Orvis just came out with some new Silver Sonic Zippered Waders that look pretty nice. I know there some fans of the Silver Sonics here so I thought I'd just give a heads up.

What exactly are the advantages to the front zipper? Just easier to put the waders on or does it make them convertible to hip waders as well?

Default Re: New Silver Sonic Zippered Waders

Having bought the Silver Sonics earlier this year, I am not about to replace them anytime soon but sure wish I had splurged for something with a front zipper. The advantage I have noticed is that it allows using the "facilities" much easier.

mridenour Guest

I see a huge advantage in letting the horse out of the gate. No taking off the vest, jacket and undoing suspenders to take a quick relief break!!!!

I'm going to have to take a look at getting some of those next year.

Good point. I guess I've never had to wear waders long enough for that to be a problem.

turbineblade Guest

Man I have! Trying not to pee on the front of your waders is a skill like keeping your backcast off the water -

6. Likes N/A, jgros001 liked this post
    mridenour Guest

Yeah and then remembering to button my pants before putting myself back together is getting harder to do. I don't think about it till my pants fall into the legs of my waders. Think I am getting senile!

Blog Entries

I have another brand with a zipper and I like them. Besides the facility access it is easier to put on and take off....more like pants. If it is warm just unzip, any air to the body core is a good cooling mechanism. I will take a look the Silver Sonic Zippered Waders next time.
    Thanks and have a great day
    Paul

Guess you gotta ask yourself if a zipper is worth $150... $395.... Original Silver Sonics are $250....

I've also thought of these zippers as just one more thing that can possibly fail while in the field. KISS.

Quote Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
    I see a huge advantage in letting the horse out of the gate. No taking off the vest, jacket and undoing suspenders to take a quick relief break!!!!

I'm going to have to take a look at getting some of those next year.
    And there it is, the answer. Zip up waders are nice if you have the cash. I had lot of tax money and bought zip up waders.
    Okiemountaineer

mridenour Guest

Quote Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
    Guess you gotta ask yourself if a zipper is worth $150... $395.... Original Silver Sonics are $250....

I've also thought of these zippers as just one more thing that can possibly fail while in the field. KISS.

I agree and disagree. Even though they are one more thing that can fail, sometimes I REALLY, REALLY have to pee and a even a single minute to faster relief can be worth a lot to me...especially as I get older.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast