Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: East Cape Skiffs

1. Default Re: East Cape Skiffs

Appreciate the info and insight folks.

I will not be running rivers such as those in the PNW or Alaska. I will run some rivers and backwaters, but again nothing like those water ways. With a hydraulic jackplate and WOT, the thing will run in about 6" of water and at rest, only drafts 8-10".

For those who were wondering, I am in Arizona. As mentioned, there are some rivers, here and elsewhere that I will run, but most of the time I will be in lakes and reservoirs, along with some near shore, coastal stuff.

I was thinking of a Bass boat, but, they are much more expensive, they will not handle the times that I will be in saltwater, they are heavier and draft more water and this thing will be fly fishing platform 95% of the time. Besides, anyone who has spend enough time in a Bass type boat, as well as a skiff or flats boat knows how much nicer it is to clean out and wipe down a boat without carpet!!!!!

Default Re: East Cape Skiffs

The East Cape Skiffs may do you well but just remember, the larger the lake (think lake Meade, etc) and the harder the wind blows the bigger the swell/chop. There are very few days, even off the California coast, that I would want to be in those skiffs and feel safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12