Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default The Brook Trout of Minipi by Lee Wulff

The famous sportsman/explorer Lee Wulff with Curt Gowdy as they discover the waters of Minipi in search of wild northeast Brook Trout. Original film footage from the Lee Wulff Master Collection. Produced and copyrighted by Joan & Lee Wulff (c) 1986.

[ame=http://youtu.be/TwK0gYTzRz4]The Brook Trout of Minipi by Lee Wulff - YouTube[/ame]
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Default Re: The Brook Trout of Minipi by Lee Wulff

Amazing video, wonder if the fishing there today is anything comparable.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

I like watching the Lee Wulff stuff. I especially like the ones where he is giving the play by play like a sports commentator. They are fun to watch. For me Trevor just doesn't seem to have the personality of his dad. Curt always seemed like a really cool guy.

I don't hear much about the Labrador Brookies anymore. I wonder also if the fishery is ruined or just not cool for TV.

I think Lee and Curt forgot to read about how to dress.

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Amazing video, wonder if the fishing there today is anything comparable.

Dave
    It still looks pretty good; this was posted 3 months ago:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg7zNrxIdSA]Minipi Brook Trout - New Fly Fisher With Bill Spicer - YouTube[/ame]
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)