Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Possible gopro purchase

Are they worth it? I'm a photo junkie so it oiled be nice to have the capabilities to go underwater maybe get shake a bit. Is photo quality worth it? Is it worth the price.

Mainly I'd be shooting dog sports and some fly fishing and mountain biking.

Is there a big difference in quality between the 3 and 3+

Default Re: Possible gopro purchase

My son and I have gopros and we like them alot! The picture quality is very good and the underwater shots come out excellent! The only problem we have is when we have it on our chest or hat is remembering to turn it on when we have a fish on!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Blog Entries

I don't own one, so nothing to offer there but....I saw that LLBean has the Hero 3 Silver and Black Editions (whatever those are) on sale right now.

If you're going to buy one, Bean's legendary satisfaction guarantee and free shipping makes buying one from them a no brainer.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

I have the Hero 2, and it's a great little camera with very simple operation. You can shoot stills or video, and the quality of the image is excellent (HD). There are many accessories available to accommodate whatever radical shooting scenario you can come up with.

Check out their website. They feature a video of the week, and the footage is amazing.

-VB
    ....Just one more cast...

Blog Entries

Good deal thanks all

I would go with Sony Action Cam AS15 or the new one AS30. I think the picture quality is better than GoPro. You can get the AS15 for $169 at B&H.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

The gopro is much smaller than the Sony and its pretty much bullet-proof. The HD video image is quite good and the footage is regularly used on television for helmet cameras in extreme sports and of course fishing shows. They are also used as crash cameras and for octocopter flights. An underwater housing is a good idea if you expect to go underwater...
    At the risk of stating the obvious, shooting video means you will be editing video and all that goes with that, which an whole 'nother subject.

8. Likes bloomagoo liked this post

I have the GoPro hero 3+ silver addition and I am having a blast with it..You can buy alot of different attachments for it that will fit on pretty much anything. The attachments as well as extra batteries are very inexpensive which is nice. The underwater video and pictures are very good quality. There is even a free app for the Iphone(not sure about the droid) where you can view the pictures or video you just recorded, change your GoPro settings, turn on the Gopro, and even start recording and taking pictures. I have attached it to anything from my fishing net, to my shotgun barrel for waterfowel hunting..Hope this helps

I have the go pro 2 and it is awesome. You can attach it to anything and it is very light weight.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

Blog Entries

Yeah. Thanks to you guys I'm gonna get one. Never thought of the gun barrel as I hunt pheasant. It'll be fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast