Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: czech nymphing

Default czech nymphing

can a piece of rio hi vis backing be used for an indicator section for it?

Default Re: czech nymphing

Yes.

These inline indicators are called "sighters" so you can search under that word.

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=nymphiing+sigthers&i e=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=nymphing+sighters&rls=en]nymphiing sigthers - Google Search[/ame]

You can wind it around a small dowel or pencil. Color one side of the dowel/pencil with a broad tip black Sharpie and you will get alternating stripes that will be more visible.

Most euro-nymphers now use inline high vis yellow or orange monofilament for sighters. They cast much better than Dacron backing and you can match the mono diameter to the leader diameter.

Some sighters have fluorescent dots to make them even more visible.

You can make them yourself using fluorescent UV glue on your own mono as below.

Or you can buy them ready made.

You can buy them here.

WFLIES.COM: Leaders & Tippets
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

3. Likes fredaevans liked this post

I use fabric paint myself, but I think a superior product might be a red "Hi-Vis" leader like CutThroat sells
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart

Another option is using Amnesia Hi vis shooting line. I use the 25lb orange and it really glows.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sunset-Amnesia-Shooting-Line-Monofilament/dp/B00AOAIUNA"]Amazon.com: Sunset Amnesia Shooting Line Monofilament: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31CX0YTMFEL.@@AMEPARAM@@31CX0YTMFEL[/ame]

6. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
    Blog Entries

We at CutThroat will soon be offering 20" and 8" sighters for this very purpose. Very Sim to our Hi-Vis Nymph leader, but you can use any leader / tippet you prefer.... I will post when they are on the site.

Nymphing Leader

Sighters are placed so they are in the leader section that is held just above the water. They are generally not in the butt section of the leader as was common years ago for the red butt leaders.

The closer the sighters are to the fly, the more effective they are at telegraphing the strike and your vision is directed at the drift rather than at the leader butt or rod tip.

See this section of Daniel's book, Sighters - Dynamic Nymphing. Click on the book title and go up and down the pages to read about sighters from the book.

This article also describes where to put the sighter.

Euro Nymphing Leader Setup | Gil Fly Fishing
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy