Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  134
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default re: Flies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2014)

Wjl: Your fly assortment arrived today in the mail. Thanks so much for helping with the CFR and PHW's fly donation!

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Strap44 and Bear_007 your beautiful fly assortments arrived today, thanks so much for the very generous donations!

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

My plan is to send all the donated flies to the folks at CFR and PHW at the end of April, so if you indicated earlier that you wanted to contribute then please try to get your flies in by that time. Thanks!

Larry
    Larry

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

'Pass it on' first batch (for kids) when out earlier this week in the post; second (just cost too much money to mail) was picked up yesterday evening.

Two more large 'tubs' of stuff yet to go ... and "Pass it Forward." Amazing how much 'gear' you'll collect over 70 + years that can be put to good use elsewhere.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

5. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    'Pass it on' first batch (for kids) when out earlier this week in the post; second (just cost too much money to mail) was picked up yesterday evening.

Two more large 'tubs' of stuff yet to go ... and "Pass it Forward." Amazing how much 'gear' you'll collect over 70 + years that can be put to good use elsewhere.

fae
    Fred: I couldn't agree more, you are a good man and I'm blessed to have known you even though it is only through the internet!

Larry
    Larry

7. Likes ChrisinselwynNZ liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Fred: I couldn't agree more, you are a good man and I'm blessed to have known you even though it is only through the internet!

Larry
    Very kind words, many thank you's

Pass it forward started with my four year old daughter sitting in my lap playing with feathers. Then I got her to actually tie one and took her fishing. Have to think back but a 7 foot Boo in a rental row boat. Well just dragging two 'Carry Special' (sp?) around to be honest on mono line and a couple of split shots for weight. She's reading to me and I'm two hard strokes on the oars and drift.

Butt of a rod under each foot and JULIE YOU HAVE A FISH ON! Then one on both. Talk about a 'cluster .....' for the next few minutes. But she landed both.

God was on her side, she hooked good sized trout. Her screams could be heard a mile away. Son (Gregory) first was a hell of a good sized winter run Steelhead. He/I fishing in the Sammish Slough in Marymore Park NE of Seattle ... I get a 'tap-tap' and missed the fish. Next cast 'tap-tap' and missed the bloody fish.

'Greg, cast right there and count to three and set the hook.' First couple weren't 'right there' but number three was. GAME ON. Fish landed and best part was a tourist from Hawaii comes by after a couple of: 'Dad, the fish is too heavy to carry, but if someone comes by, hand it back.' I could understand, fish clocked in at close to 17 pounds.

Photo taken with the 'Prize.'

Still have that picture here in my office.

Wish I had one of Julie's. But the mind/memory is still clear as a bell. God could that girl scream!

Maybe someone else's four year old? That would be good.
    Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

9. Likes mcnerney, ChrisinselwynNZ liked this post
    Blog Entries

Nice short write up in this months American Angler about the Project Healing Waters program

11. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Yes, I agree, I just read it this morning!

Larry
    Larry

13. Likes flyfishmich liked this post
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Larry,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm loading a fair group of "bugs" into Box #1 to departure in your direction tomorrow. I've got something special in mind for Box #2, and should be done with that by mid-week...

Sorry that it's taken awhile, but with Emily's health slide and a challenge or two of my own, the sledding's been tough, my friend...

At any rate, please let me know when the package arrives in Wyoming...

Tight lines always, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

15. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
    Larry,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm loading a fair group of "bugs" into Box #1 to departure in your direction tomorrow. I've got something special in mind for Box #2, and should be done with that by mid-week...

Sorry that it's taken awhile, but with Emily's health slide and a challenge or two of my own, the sledding's been tough, my friend...

At any rate, please let me know when the package arrives in Wyoming...

Tight lines always, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
    Jerry

Thanks, much appreciated! No worries on the timing, I'm not planning on sending the flies and boxes to CFR and PHW until the end of the month to give everyone that wants to contribute time.

Larry
    Larry

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast