Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Fly Swap Ideas?

Default Re: Next Fly Swap Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
    Dry fly swap should be up next...

I like the deer hair streamer idea...could be diverse and fun. Another thought to broaden it even more would be any pattern that prominently features deer hair.

3. Likes JoJer liked this post

Deer hair sounds cool! But it's the season to hit the Keys so SW stuff would be cool as well!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Hi Larry.
    I just thought of a way to determine A Swap Pattern ( I know it was HARD) .
    Firstly: Open The Swap to 12-14 Tyers as usual First come First in Basis .
    Secondly: Put All The Names in a Hat & draw out who names What Fly Pattern/Group to be Tied.
    Anyone can also decline to nominate a Fly if they wish.

Brian.

Blog Entries

Everyone has submitted some good ideas for the next swap, but John (dean_mt) has volunteered to take over hosting this upcoming swap, so I changed the owner of this thread to John and let me proceed with it. Thanks everyone!

Larry
    Larry

Thanks Larry, I'll take it!

There are a lot of good ideas here. Brian I like your idea, I would call that a "swap-lotto." But since I just finally got my vise out for the first time in 3 months after moving I'd rather declare before starting.

Since I made the deer hair idea yesterday that is obviously where I'm leaning and there seems to be some more interest. So let's let the thread go for a bit and see...would you rather the general deer hair - any pattern or deer hair on a streamer i.e. Bucktails, muddlers, etc.?

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

OK...check that, I should have checked my messages first. Larry informed that CTshooter requested a dry fly swap back when the midge was getting under way.

So, interest in dries? Anything we could do to focus it at all, or just stay wide open?

Plenty of dries can utilize deer hair. best of both worlds. Not sure if I'll participate in this one I've done 2-3 now and would like to let some others have a chance. Maybe post in the fly swap forums about a new swap.

Agreed here, great management skills Where do i sign up, Except for the dry idea(will if I have too

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    Thanks Larry, I'll take it!

Since I made the deer hair idea yesterday that is obviously where I'm leaning and there seems to be some more interest. So let's let the thread go for a bit and see...would you rather the general deer hair - any pattern or deer hair on a streamer i.e. Bucktails, muddlers, etc.?

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

OK...check that, I should have checked my messages first. Larry informed that CTshooter requested a dry fly swap back when the midge was getting under way.

So, interest in dries? Anything we could do to focus it at all, or just stay wide open?

I think I fish, in part, because itís an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. ĖJohn Gierach

How about attractor patterns.

Humpy, H&L Varient, Wolf, Royal coachman, Renegade, Stimulators, etc

Quote Originally Posted by tail of the pool View Post
    Agreed here, great management skills Where do i sign up, Except for the dry idea(will if I have too
    A muddler can be used as a dry to imitate hoppers

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I'm ok with dry swap... Haven't really been on that track of thought and I should get working on filling up that box... April will be here in no time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast