A strange question to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deathwish

I am a single father trying to raise 3 young children on my own and was intoduced to fly fishing last summer and am hooked.Due to the financial restaints of raising 3 kids on my own modest income,buying a fly rod and reel for salmon fishing is very difficult.Does anyone no of any non profit organizations were one may get one cheap or free.I am not looking for a Sage or Hardy.Just something in a 7 or 8 weight to get on the river.Thank you.

brookfieldangler

Reaction score
What happened to the Axiom you bought for 1/2 price?

I bought a new Temple Forks Axiom 1/2 price sale 150.00 and it's a nice rig for my price range.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Or all of the high end lines that you have tried?

I have tried Allot of high end lines with same set up for salmon fishing and by far best on my reel is cortland platium 9weight line.
I'm not saying your trying to pull a fast one, but are you trying to pull a fast one? [poke]

littledavid123

Reaction score
I did a huge amount of OT for my Boss.He has offered to buy me any new salmon rod and reel I want.So I am looking for opinions on what would be the best set up I could pick in a 8 weight single handed fly rod and reel combo.Price appears to not be an issue.I have been using a cheap set up and am not familier with top end equipment so looking for advice.
What happened to the rod your boss bought you or the cheap set up before that??? [poke] Are you pulling a fast one on us? Hmmmm

Dave

M

mridenour

First thing I did when I saw this was to go back and read all of the previous posts. I was sad to see that there seems to be a total lack of consistency here and in the words of Han Solo, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I can think of a few times here on these pages where I was the one that jumped all over somebody's **** for something like this and it turned out that I was greatly mistaken.

So to answer the question.....Check with your local fly club.
I know that with our club some of the senior members pass away every year and their survivors don't know what to do with their gear.
Club officers are often aware of what's available and might be willing to help someone truly in need..

Saturday, I tried to give away a couple of rods to someone in our club who runs classes for kids....They didn't want 'em, they didn't need 'em. Already got plenty.

brookfieldangler

Reaction score
I can think of a few times here on these pages where I was the one that jumped all over somebody's **** for something like this and it turned out that I was greatly mistaken.

I know that with our club some of the senior members pass away every year and their survivors don't know what to do with their gear.
Club officers are often aware of what's available and might be willing to help someone truly in need..

Saturday, I tried to give away a couple of rods to someone in our club who runs classes for kids....They didn't want 'em, they didn't need 'em. Already got plenty.
I'd love to be wrong!

M

mridenour

I'd love to be wrong!
Me too. It's a shame but his previous posts don't match up to what he is saying now but maybe he was previously posting out of wishful thinking and trying to be a part of the group. I don't know.

D

deathwish

Well to be honest the rods I have had were sold to buy food and pay bills.I am sorry I asked question/like everything these days there is no charity and no one trust people.Dam shame.

brookfieldangler

Reaction score
Me too. It's a shame but his previous posts don't match up to what he is saying now but maybe he was previously posting out of wishful thinking and trying to be a part of the group. I don't know.
Maybe....if I am wrong, I sure hope nothing bad happened to his wife seeing as he is now a single father

I was in local fly shop yesterday looking at sims waders and buy time you buy them and boots your around 500.00.Ikes work more then my wife!! LOL:worthy:

M

mridenour

Well to be honest the rods I have had were sold to buy food and pay bills.I am sorry I asked question/like everything these days there is no charity and no one trust people.Dam shame.
There is a lot of charity in this group but there have been some bad things happen before. People here don't really know you except by what you post. when you request doesn't match up with what we have learned about you it makes people suspicious.

theboz

Reaction score
Life can be tough sometimes! I don't know what the truth here really is and don't really care. The bottom line when times are tough and your raising children the important thing is that they get fed and have medical and a roof over their heads ! And as much as I love fly fishing that has to take a back seat to the welfare of family! Priorities !

toxicfly

Reaction score
Life can be tough sometimes! I don't know what the truth here really is and don't really care. The bottom line when times are tough and your raising children the important thing is that they get fed and have medical and a roof over their heads ! And as much as I love fly fishing that has to take a back seat to the welfare of family! Priorities !
Unless he is fishing to feed his family. If that's the case buy a walmart rod and reel. Prob get a setup for less than $50. Still will catch you food.

Jason

littledavid123

Reaction score

Charity is not about providing you leisure time entertainment. Go find a garage sale if you want something inexpensive.

Dave

A

adrian191

I could use one of those rodss.LOL
By the way its nice of you trying to help your local club.

Status
Not open for further replies.