How 'nasty' is today's weather going to be?

plecain

Reaction score
Looks like about an hour's worth of snow-blowing to me (6"-15").

But then, snow around here doesn't create the havoc that it does down south.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Hear you PC. We've had so little in the rain (skip today, its pouring out side) none of the ski areas have any snow. Like NO snow.

Blurb on the TV a few days back that everyone who purchased 'Season Ski Tickets' for Mt. Ashland (just south of Medford) are just 'out of luck,' not getting their close to $300.00 back.:(

M

mridenour

Happy to report that there isn't much going on here in Missouri except warmer temps are going to melt some of this snow! Woohoo.

rickf

Reaction score
fred,

It's snowing right now in south central PA. We should get >12" on top of the stuff we already have!

Last week thousands without power in PA? This Polar Vortex is terrible. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't fished this year yet! Usually, I catch the trout pretty good Jan and Feb in the local streams? Not this year!

Memories from last Feb:

gzarboni

Reaction score
Northern NY here. We are expecting 8"-10" tomorrow. We still have 12" on the ground from the last dump as well. Temps are cold , expecting -7 to -10 on the weekend. Getting our money's worth out of our tractor to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruttness

Reaction score
im sitting on a foot down here in carolina, and that is a blizzard to the locals here. good thing im a relocated yankee

waterfordcreek

Reaction score
High 60's to low 70's all week in Tampa.

REALLY missing the snow and cold.

Back home in TN they got 8 inches and more to come. The Smokies would be amazing right now.

dhaynes

Reaction score
Woke up to 15" in my back yard..... You 'overcome the adversity' kind of guys can have it....Me! I'm going back to bed!!!!!

bmxrider11976

Reaction score
Nasty enough for them to cancel my Meteorology afternoon class!!! Too bad she gave us online homework on "heat islands". The irony hurts.

siege

Reaction score
Strange winter this year. It is currently 40 above. That is 56 degrees warmer than it was last week. Hopefully this will bring some snow over the weekend. We need it !

nc_cooter

Reaction score
Here are some pics of our front yard. We live near I-85 where it crosses the NC/SC line. We have about 7" on the ground and it's still snowing.
I know by northern standards it's not that much, but here it's a mess!

Mike

buddhist_palm

Reaction score
Here are some pics of our front yard. We live near I-85 where it crosses the NC/SC line. We have about 7" on the ground and it's still snowing.
I know by northern standards it's not that much, but here it's a mess!
dont kid yourself, even by northern standards, that is a good snow

stay safe

billyspey

Reaction score
It works in rivers which has sulphur's, size 18&20 on curve hook with beads in copper and black. Have rid with small copper wire .

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
We have around a foot of snow on the ground and the forecast says 1-3 inches again to day........bring it on! We need all the moisture we can get, I sure don't want to see another summer like last year.

Larry

plecain

Reaction score
Earlier in the thread I estimated an hour's worth of snow blowing. I was wrong. It took over two hours.

We got the predicted 12" or so, but it's about as heavy as cement, and the bottom 1-2" is slush.

Anyway, I'm done and my wife and I are going to a Valentine lunch at a place we like on the Maine coast.

labradorguy

Reaction score
I don't know, but when I looked out at the road this morning I saw a polar bear trying to hitch a ride south.

It's starting to snow and here I am packing for a weekend of camping with a group of Scouts. Oh joy....