Awesome news today

siege

Reaction score
The lead story on my local news today ?
We are getting a Cabelas ! :welcome: I am so stoked !
The closest Cabelas are in Boise, 5 hours away, or Lehi, Utah, 4 hours away. Life is good :D

Flyfisher for men

Reaction score
Good deal!

It's the closest thing I have here in Kansas for a fly shop.

One thing I have noticed is to be careful with their prices. Cabelas does not always price well. (used firearms in particular). It pays to price shop a bit ahead of time especially for things you an easily pick up elsewhere.

brookfieldangler

Reaction score
Congrats! Cabelas isn't always the cheapest but neither are most of the big box stores. The good news is that they are pretty darn happy to price match. Get yourself the Red Laser app on whatever smart phone you have (assuming you have one) and use it!! Not just for fishing stuff either...

itchmesir

Reaction score
Awesome deal! Cabelas is a great store overall. Their line of gear is usually top notch and can run with the bigger brand names that you'll pay 3x as much for. Not to mention their warranty and customer service is good too.

Auntie Em

Reaction score
FFFM.....you need venture a wee bit further south than cabelas ... no there is nothing wrong with our cabelas!!!!... BUT ... we have an incredible independent store with K&K Flyfishers just off 87th st about 2 miles east of I35. It's wonderful!!!!!

JoJer

Reaction score
I was shopping in our Boise Cabela's when they were first open, and before their big "Grand" opening. There were store employees and asst mgrs. and mgrs. hip deep. I grabbed a pair of those guys and pointed out a mispriced case of 20 Ga shotgun shells. They asked if I wanted them and I said I'd buy a case of 16 Ga if I could get that price. He sold me the 16's at the lower price, and dispatched one of his minions to carry the case up front and put my name on it so I could keep shopping. Neat,Huh? Then, during the grand opening, I bought a tying vise, got it home and discovered it was not what I'd thought I was getting-The display models were mismarked-I asked the dept guy, who checked with his boss and I got the better vise at the lower (mismarked) price.
The next trip into the store I dropped over $200. on boots etc. Oh well. Still love the Outfitter series boots.
Still often use the free shipping to the store since I'm only about 10 min away.

Also shop lots in the Bargain Cave.

Last edited:

repperson29

Reaction score
We were supposed to get one in erie, but the land they were going to put it on, they wanted to buy it and the landowner only wanted to lease it. So cabelas said see ya.

In the end were getting a field and stream in the same exact spot and they're leasing the land. Guess field and stream is as good as cabelas. Only problem is I have a cabelas credit card!

Ryan

eddie789

Reaction score
Nice! I like some of their prices. Some are good and some are ok. I like the price match feature they do. I can't complain with their customer service either!

rickf

Reaction score
We have a gigantic Cabelas here in Hamburg, PA. About 1 1/2 hours away. We also have a Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg, about 1/2 hour away.

I love the Cabelas the best! Lots of fish tanks, and a nice restaurant in the store.

Great prices and great stuff in both stores ...... but I still spend most of my money shopping Orvis online! Except my Scadden "Outlaw Escape" I got that wonderful 'toon at Cabelas!

As soon as this snow melts, I'll make a trip to the Cabelas in Hamburg!

JoJer

Reaction score
I'm pretty much geared-up these days. Five or six years ago I was buying gear or at least ammo every year. Back then I had a decided preference for Sportsman's Warehouse. They were much more generous with stuff for our youth hunt group. I still start there when I price a purchase.

siege

Reaction score
Our new Cabela's is going to be built one block south of the Sportsman's Warehouse store. I may need to pack a lunch when I go shopping :D

xnykid

Reaction score
Good deal!

It's the closest thing I have here in Kansas for a fly shop.

One thing I have noticed is to be careful with their prices. Cabelas does not always price well. (used firearms in particular). It pays to price shop a bit ahead of time especially for things you an easily pick up elsewhere.

dont know if you are near Lawrence but here: www.yagersflies.com/

shifty242

Reaction score

Flywgn

Reaction score
Our new Cabela's is going to be built one block south of the Sportsman's Warehouse store. I may need to pack a lunch when I go shopping :D
You may not have to if they put a cafe in this one, although their announcement of the Ammon store on their website doesn't mention a cafe.

When we were in the Sydney store last fall one of the managers there told me that the Boise store is their one of their better (he actually said the "best") branches. I know when we visit that store it's always crowded...and we go mid-week.

We like Cabela's for myriad reasons, but their return policy is outstanding. When I had to return some seat covers recently I mentioned to the employee taking them back that I really appreciate the company's attention to the customer and jokingly asked if I could return some 20-bore ammo 'cause I didn't get my limit that day. She laughed but replied, "Maybe. Try it!"

I didn't.

Allen R

dhayden

Reaction score
Is this in Twin Falls?

Best parking lot view in the world...

dhayden

Reaction score
I believe the location for all intents and purposes is Idaho Falls. The Cabela's web site indicates Ammon, which is just a tad east of Idaho Falls.

Allen R
Nice thanks.. I didn't know Idaho Falls had a Sportsman's, so I went the direction

Flywgn

Reaction score
I should apologize for replying since you directed your question to the OP, and I'm sure he can be more precise, but I believe it's going to be near the Teton Mall. Not sure.

I see Cabela's is opening a store in Missoula this summer too.

Allen R

Edit: And yes, Sportsman's W'hse in Twin really does have a grand view.

siege

Reaction score
The store will be south of the Grand Teton Mall, and on the opposite side of the street. Closest main streets are Sunnyside Road ( E-W) and Hitt Road (N-S ). Hitt is the dividing line between Idaho Falls and Ammon. I understand it was a matter of tax incentives that helped decide the location. There is another unimproved property across the street in Idaho Falls. I would imagine it will be built on shortly to take advantage of the increased traffic flow.
The Cabelas will be the closest one to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National parks, Henry's Fork of the Snake River, etc.