Fly Fishing for Big Brown Trout in Oregon

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't Fred tell us there were no brown trout in Oregon? :D
I think the secret is out, here is a pretty good video with some real monster Browns that I spotted on Moldy Chum:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/86877656]Obsession - Fly Fishing for Big Brown Trout in Oregon on Vimeo[/ame]

Larry

jbird

Reaction score
Freds been drinking his bathwater! :) (You know I love ya Evans ;))

I know that area well. Spent 10 years fishing those very waters. There are some browns in there that would make a grown man cry for his mama :) I fished that area before the age of digital cameras. ive got a stack of pictures somewhere of fish like that. Its hard to watch that video living 2000 miles away :(

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
I'VE BEEN LIED TOO!:eek:

First time I tried to watch this video the up-load was so 'hurkie-jerkie' I just tossed up my hands and did a 'move on.' This time the up load worked like a good clock.

By the general topo my guess is the fellows were fishing in north central/north east Oregon. That said, amazing to see fish that size just feet from your boots.

"Bucket list" just expanded!

Fred

Edit: Appears Brownie's maybe closer than I thought: Wood River, Oregon
'A picture is worth a thousand words. It is hard to find words that describe the Wood River Valley in Fort Klamath, Oregon.Oregon Fly Fishing for Wild Brown Trout, and Redband Rainbow Trout:
Fly fishing the meandering banks of Oregon's Wood River is a quiet step back in time. These slow, clear and cold spring waters hold large numbers of healthy resident brown trout as well as an opportunity to hookup with a lunker migratory Redband rainbow trout. The Wood River is ideal for dry fly fishing with its endless cut banks, and grassy turns. All of this world class fly fishing rests in the shadow of Crater Lake's glory. Fishing the Wood River is a must do while visiting the beautiful Klamath basin.'

Interesting that Google gave me no indication of any plants west of the Cascade Mountains.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Freds been drinking his bathwater! :) (You know I love ya Evans ;))

I know that area well. Spent 10 years fishing those very waters. There are some browns in there that would make a grown man cry for his mama :) I fished that area before the age of digital cameras. ive got a stack of pictures somewhere of fish like that. Its hard to watch that video living 2000 miles away :(
Want to give away some 'hints' you old 'crudge mugin? ;) (No idea how to spell that last. :eek:) Dear God, how many years have we known each other? And you chose to leave the Rogue River Valley for 'where?????????'

If you need an 'intervention' my guest bedroom is always set up and ready to go. I'll pick you up at the airport.

Fred