Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries

Default help me choose a new camera?

Sony - Cyber-Shot 14.1-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black - W350 Black

or

Canon - PowerShot 10.0-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black - SX120 IS

what i like about the sony is its smaller and it captures HD video what i dont like about it is it uses a recharable lithium ion battery and not AA's so if im hunting and it goes dead im SOL if i cant find an outlet.

what i like about the canon is it does have 10x zoom which is nice but its video is lacking and i feel its just a little bulky but it does use AA's so thats a plus

i already have a canon eos rebel xti so its way to big im wanting a nice pocket camera.

it will be used hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, dirt biking, snowmobiling, skiing, just everywhere so which one do you think is better
    "A good cast is like a good whiskey- It's smooth and hits the spot" -Anonymous fly fishing guide

Blog Entries

Default Re: help me choose a new camera?

My camera uses the recharge type batteries. I have two pair and always have a backup pair with me. I'm lucky in that the power pack also handles a canister with 8 AA batteries if all else fails. The downside of all this is that it is a DSLR with A big battery pack attached to it. For what you want to use the camera for I would go with the smaller one and buy a backup or two so I never ran out of power on a trip.

Hope that made sense,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    My camera uses the recharge type batteries. I have two pair and always have a backup pair with me. I'm lucky in that the power pack also handles a canister with 8 AA batteries if all else fails. The downside of all this is that it is a DSLR with A big battery pack attached to it. For what you want to use the camera for I would go with the smaller one and buy a backup or two so I never ran out of power on a trip.

Hope that made sense,

Ard
    ya it makes pretty good sense i just cant decide i wish i could get them both.
    "A good cast is like a good whiskey- It's smooth and hits the spot" -Anonymous fly fishing guide

Blog Entries

Check out this thread: nice camera for fishing? . You may find yourself looking at a few more options than you have listed. Good luck in your search.

Kelly
    I fish, therefore I am - but I gotta go to work first..."piscari ergo sum"