who keeps a flask in thier gear and whats in it?

ruttness

Reaction score
so my wife got me an awesome MFC flask for Christmas and since ive been trying to figure out a good mellow drink to keep in it. you know a good refreshing celebratory sip after each trout landed. if had bourbon in it but i have a hard time outing it down without the rocks.

here in the south its pretty much standard to carry a few craft brews to get you through the day, and me not being a southern native (and have a few to many open containers in a public park up north) im not about to tote around a sixxer of hoppy beer.

so if you keep a flask in your vest or pack tell us about it and what you keep in it

duker

Reaction score
Many years ago my mother gave me a pewter flask for Christmas. She bought it on a trip to England--got it in York, where her father/my grandfather came from. She told me she thought I might like to take it fishing, and I always do. Mom passed away in 2003, so having that flask with me is a nice way to remember her.

The flask is always filled with whiskey of some kind. Over the years it's been battered and bruised and has a nice patina. One of my favourite and most treasured pieces of fishing gear.

Scott

J

james w 3 3

A wee bit of fine Cognac. Just to ward off the cold, or the heat, or dust, or pollen, or . . .

labradorguy

Reaction score
Knob Creek Bourbon.

flask+spring creek+Sawyer filter bottle= stream side bourbon and branch water. :D

andrew_rigsby

Reaction score
My fishing buddy always has Fireball for the cold days, seems to get him through pretty well lol

rangerrich99

Reaction score
For the colder months, it's Ardbeg Corryvreckan single malt scotch. In the warmer months, either Tullamore Dew, or Glenfiddich 12.

Peace.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
One very cold rainy day last spring I went for the "unexpected swim" :rolleyes:
I was very happy to have had a flask of whiskey in the truck.
Saved the day....

kingofamberley

Reaction score
Bourbon all the way!
I am not brand loyal, and not made of money, so it is usually Very Old Barton bottled in bond, Heaven Hill 6 Year bottled in bond, Fighting Cock 103, or Old Grand Dad bottled in bond.
If you keep sipping it straight, you will not only become accustomed to the burn of the alcohol, but you will be able to enjoy the whiskey's flavor. Nothing beats a sip of bourbon while you are standing in the water!

EDIT: Just make sure you have water with you too. Alcohol can speed up the dehydration process.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Knob Creek Bourbon.

flask+spring creek+Sawyer filter bottle= stream side bourbon and branch water. :D
Not a Bourbon drinker, but have to admit Knob Creek is darned good stuff! But if you fish for Steelhead the 'tibble of choice' will be a good single malt whisky. :worthy: "Whisky" comes from very mellow to roll your eyes back into your head with 115 Proof Cast Strength Islay's. The last will either grow hair on your chest or make it fall off ........... :shocking:

If you can get your hands on same the only water to take with Single Malts is pure Glacier Water (no kidding). Just something about 10,000 year old water that's second to none. Stuff is a specialty item for most stores but it is available but may have to be a 'special order.'

bigjim5589

Reaction score
No flask, only an insulated 2 qt bottle. Ice water for me. I only drink spirits when I'm home or somewhere I won't have to drive. Don't mean to sound like a stuffed shirt, but it's not worth the risk these days, especially with my CDL. ;)

ruttness

Reaction score
No flask, only an insulated 2 qt bottle. Ice water for me. I only drink spirits when I'm home or somewhere I won't have to drive. Don't mean to sound like a stuffed shirt, but it's not worth the risk these days, especially with my CDL. ;)
i dont blame you if i had a cdl id be the exact same way