Almost there-the Fusion is on it's way

mojo

Reaction score
Spring is here (allegedly) and the ice is coming off the lakes. Got this coming. It should be here by Thursday. It's the new North Fork Outdoors Fuzion. 6" thick. Just like inflatable SUP's. That's Larry Tullis with Joni. At the top there's 4 inserts by the air valve. Motor mount inserts. Removable skegs. 28 lb.

http://

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
With such a slim profile that boat should have great performance in the wind and not get blown all over the place.

Larry

mojo

Reaction score
That's one of the advantages, Larry. It drafts in 2" of water, and the surface area is enough you can stand on it and cast comfortably. It's very stable. It also has the side bags which aren't on in the photos. Being flat gives us a lot of options and experimenting to do. This thing is an blank canvas. Rod mounting, plywood on the deck and make some lean bars. Thats what Joni was talking about for bow fishing. Should be fun.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Mojo: Sounds exciting, I can't wait to see what you two come up with for a final configuration. I really like the idea of being able to stand and having a lean bar, at my age I would definitely opt for that. I've done a couple float trips on rivers where the boat didn't have any leg braces (floating in skiffs or rafts).

Larry

cpiercem

Reaction score
Seems like it would be real easy to attach a lean bar to either the motor mounts or the handles.... Depending on where you want to stand. How strong are the Scotty rod holders? Maybe they could do double duty as a lean bar holder.

The ice chest for a raised seat idea would work well too.

All around good looking boat. I'm excited to see how it fishes for you.

Joni

Reaction score
I will definitely use an Ice chest or the trunk for the Assault XX front seat. Like Larry, not all that stable on my feet. I think one knee on the seat to get my balance.
But I was thinking plywood cover the size of the standing deck and a walker....seriously, how perfect could that be. LOL I could also use the walker to get off the boat ;-)

cpiercem

Reaction score
Yeah, I want to see you with that walker! :D

Talk Dave out of some of those motor mount tube pads and you could mount them sideways up front and hook your walker right in.

Joni

Reaction score
For sure!. I was thinking however, the lean bar for our X 5 could be adapted. Like a door hinge and I already have the bar. Sky is the limit.

cpiercem

Reaction score
Should work great for you. I like the nice wide footprint the Fusion has. Lots of possibilities for all kinds of water.

Joni

Reaction score
Hopefully we will be able to share some water with you again this year. Let you try it.

Joni

Reaction score
As Dave told me, the Fuzion is not for everyone. The rowing will be different. With winter hitting us again, my test run will be delayed unfortunately.

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
As Dave told me, the Fusion is not for everyone. The rowing will be different. With winter hitting us again, my test run will be delayed unfortunately.
Bummer, I'm really looking forward to your report and especially how you decide to configure the Fusion.

Larry

Joni

Reaction score
This showed up this afternoon

Inside

And check out this cool pump

Off to the DMV tomorrow to motorize it.

Joni

Reaction score
Joined a couple friends at Tibble this morning. Reason, it was close and seemed like a great place to try out the Fuzion. Plus a chance to use the 2 wt and 3 wt rods.
A little slow on the landing fish but they were hitting.

The Fuzion was fantastic. VERY stable. I am sitting about 5" above the water but when rowing or kicking hard a little water found it's way to the seat. I wore my waist high waders and was good. But I was sitting out of the water.

A thicker seat could cure this while not effecting the kicking at all.
Rowing although different from other boats was easy and required very little movement.
Now I hear all the time of people saying the bigger the boat the more effected by wind. Well this is about as thin as you can get but I was still fighting the wind. No big deal but I found it no different than my other boats.
I did not use the fins on the bottom ( 3 clip on skegs)of the boat this trip and will be sure to try them next trip to compare.
All in all, I love the boat and made it to my knees on it. Standing will take a little whileSmile

Oh we put all the fish caught back

Some mods made were Glue Ons for the Rod Tree and the Sonar
For the Sonar, a Scotty glue on and an Aluminum plate compliments of Mojo. Then the bolt on Ram ball

The Transducer is a 2" nylon strap with quick clips, an aluminum square tube, a 2" bolt and a wing nut to make tightening by hand easy. The Tube is longer because I also use this on my Assault.

Then another Scotty glue on for my rod tree so I can take three rods or two and a GoPro

Last edited:

tyler_durden

Reaction score
I've used paddleboards to fish from and the fins (aka skeggs) work as a sort of wind anchor provided you are perpendicular to the wind. That being said if its really windy then you still get a workout.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk