Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  37
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: How old is your 'fishing car?'

last fall I got a 1987 Suburban. School bus yellow. It was a bus all its life in a small district. 63,000 miles. Very clean ride. One man pontoon and all the gear for a weekend fit in back. Rear seats fold down so lots of room. Heater a/c, cruise and am fm. What more could I want.

2. Likes Ard liked this post

Have an '05 Element. The car is great for all sorts of outdoor activities. Always have the back loaded up and ready to go hit the stream at a moments notice.

2001 Cherokee Sport. Lifted 4", bumpers, winch etc so it looks the fishing car part. Glad I am a mechanic because it is constantly in need of something lately. I should probably buy an adult car someday after I retire.
    Last edited by ia_trouter; 04-21-2014 at 10:45 PM.

5. Likes Ard liked this post

Well, mine maybe the newest and certainly is not the oldest. I finally traded in my 360,000 mile truck for a 2013 F350 with personalized plates "Troutn"
    Rick

7. Likes Ard, N/A liked this post

2002 silverado, only 110000 on it though, lots of life left.

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

9. Likes Ard, N/A liked this post

2009 6 speed Audi A4 92k. Vermont roads aren't to kind. Hopefully trading it in for a Tacoma access cab. Always wanted a truck

Mine is 1971 with 396K on it. But lately I've been driving something slightly newer.
    "Sometimes the least important thing about fishing is fishing." --Roderick Haig-Brown

I believe I will be getting my hands on a 74' 260z soon, and will turn that into my "fishing car."

Main driver is a 2008 Ford F 150 Supercab with 53k on the clock. Fits all the gear I could ever need. For quick jaunts to the river with just the rod and a pocket full of flies it is the 1999 Pontiac Firebird with 104k.

My knockabout and fishin' car is a '94 Nissan Pathfinder. It has 214,616 miles on it. Change the oil every 3,000 miles, and drive it some more.There's a few things that don't work on it, but it starts in any temperature, has 4 WD, and good rubber. What more do I need in a fishinmobile ? And, no car payment
    The wife has the more respectable vehicle, and that goes comfortably on road trips.
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

15. Likes stlskyline liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast