Frogs Fanny flyfloatant??

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Right,
I do know not to use any floatant on cdc other than "natural cdc oil", not that you cannot use floatant on a fly with cdc on it, just don't get any floatant on the cdc itself.

I did not relize that "Frogs Fanny" was a dessicant, I guess if I would have looked at the bottle up close I would have huh. lol:wink:

Ok thanks Sandfly, that answers my question.

Greenwood

Reaction score
Hi,
Yeah, I use Frog's Fanny all the time.......especially on CDC. I keep it close at hand and fequently swipe it across regualr dry fly hackle as well just to keep it floating well without needing to resort to the liquids. I guess you can use it on fuzzy nymphs too, if you want to give them some air-bubble's ala' LaFontaine although I've never really used it that way. You can't replace the liquid completely though if you grease your leaders, etc.

GRN

Reaction score
The stuff is great, I use it strait and also mix it with a silica based drying material in a shaker configuration. For Drake hatches I find cripples to draw better (bigger) fish. I use a local streamer variant, grease it first to reduce absorbtion, and then fanny it up for flotation and air sack simulation. Best Kennebago Brookie to date (18.75", 4.3 lb) was a victim of this rig, works great.

We have played with it on streamers just to see how much it will hold up, and have found that even patterns that are mostly hook will float using this stuff.

sandfly

Reaction score
They are all silica based, just ground to a powder...Oh yea dont breathe them you can die from silica in the lungs...

Joni

Reaction score
I too use it. It is my good luck charm. I even put it on emergers, puts a nice little bubble around it, fish love it!

adrian

Reaction score
switched to it a couple years ago and have never missed the greasy liquid mess. works like a charm and has a multitude of applications

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
never heard of it so I searched for it on ebay. lmao you can get a big freakin pint for 25 bux. its huge!!! you would never need floatant again rofl. of course its not original frogs fanny but frogs fanny substitute. the original fanny is 5 bux for a lil bottle. I might have to try some instead of the loon aquel i use now. of course i never tried a cdc fly tho so I wouldn't use that for sure as I hear not to use anything on um. what do you do just shake the fly in it?

Greenwood

Reaction score
The regular Frog's Fanny comes with a little, soft brush. You just brush it on the CDC or whatever and it pretty much just sucks the water out of it. It must then repel water. Cool stuff. I'm not sure how the big bottle is to be dispensed. Sounds like a lot of Frog's Fanny to carry around though! Ha!

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Mcfly can you get a link or item# for that, sounds like I need to get some.:)

As far as "Aquel" and "cdc" flies.
You can lightly blot it into any part of the fly not in contact with "cdc", just not on the "cdc" itself.

Joni

Reaction score
You wanna order some, I would split the cost. I don't think either of us would ever use that much.

Yukon Jack

Reaction score
I see on the Frogs Fanny web site, if you buy a gallon you get a free backpack sprayer to apply it with! :tongue:

:frogdance

Yukon Jack