Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  153
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Night Owl Fishing Thread;

Quote Originally Posted by kicker19 View Post
    late night chuckle for ya'll.... went kayak fishing and happened to run into two gentleman on a jon boat bait casting for bass. the two were at opposite ends of the boat fishing in opposite directions. im chatting with the guy in the front of the boat while the guy in the back keeps casting. the guy in front was in the middle of saying something when the guy in the back reaches back to cast and snags the line of the guy talking. when he cast forward it pulls on the other guys rod, which makes him think hes got a bite, so he pulls the rod to "set the hook" HAHAHA the guy in the back thought he hooked his buddy and the other guy thought he hooked a big fish. was the funniest thing to see but the talk they had afterwards was priceless. not catching anything then witnessing that was worth spending a day on the water
    Oh, yes, I love to laugh with you, BUT, too often I'm the guys in the boat. Both of them.

CAB

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

im sure we all have had some situation that all you can do is laugh. watch some Bill Dance bloopers, that'll either make you feel better or give ya a harsh reminder
    "The core of mans spirit comes from new experiences" - C.J. McCandless

I'm often up until 2 or 3 in the morning, mountain time. I really should be going to bed earlier -- it's just my crazy internal clock.

Now that I've found your night owl thread, I could participate, but I'm afraid if I knock off for bed at 1 AM like I should, it'll be too early for you.

I've often wondered what it would be like to live up in AK where it can become light almost all day, or dark almost all day, depending on the season. I have so much trouble sleeping at night, I'm not sure I could handle it.

Kirk
    "Sometimes the least important thing about fishing is fishing." --Roderick Haig-Brown

Blog Entries

Night Owl reporting for duty here

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Well here I am sitting at work, waiting for the night to end so I can embark on my fishing trip with my brothers and dad. This is the first time the 5 of us have all been together at once with no "outsiders" in 24 years... FYI.... I'm 36 now.
    - Ian

Ian- Very cool. Going to fish with my nephews this weekend in the Smokies. It will be the last time for a while.

After the storms roll through tomorrow. Conditions should be great for this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by waterfordcreek View Post
    Ian- Very cool. Going to fish with my nephews this weekend in the Smokies. It will be the last time for a while.

After the storms roll through tomorrow. Conditions should be great for this weekend.

I am going to be fishing NE of Asheville. Today I'll be in the thick of it weather wise. Hoping the rivers and creeks don't get totally blown out.
    - Ian

Well... The fishing was a bust. The day we arrived the South Toe River started at 100cfs, within 2-3 hrs it was at 1500cfs. We got rained on! Thank goodness there was no one else at the campsite we stayed at. The guy running the place was nice enough to let us squat at the picnic pavilion for the night, other wise we might have gotten washed away. It was great to spend time with my brothers and dad, it was most definitely a memorable trip!
    - Ian

Quote Originally Posted by runningfish View Post
    With a 3 weeks old baby boy, I am 101% a night owl.
    Congrats Hans!!

I remember those days all to well.

Todd
    Todd

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    ~ Doug Larson

11. Likes runningfish liked this post

Thank you Todd, the little guy is 2 months old now.

Here was I made last night when I couldn't back to sleep at 00.30 hour.

The pink bully spider for female bluegills.

I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast