The Night Owl Thread;

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Living in the AK. time zone means that I am on the computer many nights at 8:00 PM or later. Of course that's midnight EST. and only the west coast guys are really close in the time difference. If you are a night owl then go ahead and post here and subscribe to the thread. Any time I find things dead at 10:00 PM AK. time I'll just post something here and maybe you'll spot it and join in :)

I'll seed the thread with a few trout pictures;

Although this place is famous for salmon I just live to trout fish, salmon are fun sometimes when you find them in a good run and they're aggressive but the trout............... They are always wild and beautiful. I'm nursing a hurt knee right now and hope I can walk / wade safely by Sunday.​

comeonavs

Reaction score
Well tonight I'm a night owl, I just flew back from Nor Cal to Denver after a quick business trip. My buddy texted to see if I could leave to go fishing at 4am. Not going to happen this weekend

Wife and I are headed up to estes park tomorrow , grab a Starbucks and go see if the elk have started the rut. I love watching those massive bull elk go through the fall ritual, they are a truly amazing animal.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I was busy editing in some photos to prime the pump on the thread, it'll be beautiful up there. I haven't been there since the year the dam broke, 82 maybe? I camped below the dam then moved on and caught I25 up to Lodgepole WY. and heard about the break and loss of life while eating in a café up there.

RMNP is one of the prettiest places on earth; by the way, I've been posting in our social group and not feeling the love.......

cab

Reaction score
I'm absolutely diurnal, but find myself covering the graveyard tonight and tomorrow night.

I thought this thread would be about night fishing. Only did that a couple of times, but found it interesting, to say the least. Mind your P's and Q's when casting, and let the fish run! Only time I've seen backing on a river.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

CAB

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Hear you about a screwed up 'work clock.' In the International Finance business as a consultant and 'things' start in Germany which is 0100 PST. Then to London an hour later, then to 'Wall Street,' etc.

Name of the game is 'Shxt Flows Down Hill.' :(

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ard: Great looking Bows! I know what you mean about the difference in catching trout over salmon. I too thought that you were starting a night fishing thread, LOL!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
With the chat box gone it gets lonely late at night so I put the thread up trying to attract the late night crowd. Feel free to post pictures or whatever you want to the thread. We can use it like a slow motion chat :)

repperson29

Reaction score
I usually wake up around 3am est every day for some reason and am up for about an hour. I usually will read or browse this forum, I'll be checking into this thread then :)

Ryan

kicker19

Reaction score
Huge night Hoot !! Usually spend time on the threads around 1-3am EST. I'm currently in Key West meeting up with a guide, gunna poke around to see what we can get into, the weather isn't looking all to great. I'll be back in a few days with more to add

siege

Reaction score
Nice to see you posting, Ard, from the Land of the Midnight Sun. I'm usually up til 11or 12 MST. Seems as I get older, I need less sleep. Geez, I might be turning into Fred :D
We took a little drive yesterday, after doing some " blue lineing " on Google Earth. Found some new access points on my favorite river. If we can get out to the water next weekend, I'll post a report on the new stretch of river.

B

blackbugger

Just got back from the Deschutes and Klickitat last night.
The Deschutes was epic, the Klickitat not so much though I did hook a Chinook around 25 pounds that I didn't keep because I hadn't read the regs and was fishing for steelhead anyways and it didn't have a clipped fin so I just assumed it was wild and I couldn't keep it.

Turns out I could have kept it, it was nice and bright.
That would be my first salmon. I'm kinda disappointed I didn't turn it into meat.

I figured when I get around to it I'd post up a report for the Deschutes.

A little teaser;

lthrnk03

Reaction score
Five nights a week I am a night owl. I do the 2300-0700 shift. I find that I look through old threads quite a bit trying go learn more or just for a good laugh.

floorabove

Reaction score
Between my home life ( three little girls, two of whom are Irish twins , ages 1 and 2) and my job ( firefighter) i'll monitor this thread , up all hours of night and days, contribute where I can, admittedly the fishing for me these last few years is no where near where I want it to be....so I read a lot on this board with not much to contribute.

kicker19

Reaction score
quick report: it rained everyday in the Keys except the days i went fishing with my guide. side note, last year we went out for three days and didnt catch a single fish. this year was different........
I'll seed the thread with a few trout pictures;
we'll add to those nice trout pics with some sea life ....took me two years but i finally did it

also had about 8 shots at permit but they were not cooperating, bonefish were not to be found due to bad tide movements

kicker19

Reaction score
late night chuckle for ya'll.... went kayak fishing and happened to run into two gentleman on a jon boat bait casting for bass. the two were at opposite ends of the boat fishing in opposite directions. im chatting with the guy in the front of the boat while the guy in the back keeps casting. the guy in front was in the middle of saying something when the guy in the back reaches back to cast and snags the line of the guy talking. when he cast forward it pulls on the other guys rod, which makes him think hes got a bite, so he pulls the rod to "set the hook" HAHAHA the guy in the back thought he hooked his buddy and the other guy thought he hooked a big fish. was the funniest thing to see but the talk they had afterwards was priceless. not catching anything then witnessing that was worth spending a day on the water