Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  142
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Night Owl Fishing Thread;

Blog Entries

Default The Night Owl Fishing Thread;

Living in the AK. time zone means that I am on the computer many nights at 8:00 PM or later. Of course that's midnight EST. and only the west coast guys are really close in the time difference. If you are a night owl then go ahead and post here and subscribe to the thread. Any time I find things dead at 10:00 PM AK. time I'll just post something here and maybe you'll spot it and join in

I'll seed the thread with a few trout pictures;

Although this place is famous for salmon I just live to trout fish, salmon are fun sometimes when you find them in a good run and they're aggressive but the trout............... They are always wild and beautiful. I'm nursing a hurt knee right now and hope I can walk / wade safely by Sunday.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Night Owl Fishing Thread;

Well tonight I'm a night owl, I just flew back from Nor Cal to Denver after a quick business trip. My buddy texted to see if I could leave to go fishing at 4am. Not going to happen this weekend

Wife and I are headed up to estes park tomorrow , grab a Starbucks and go see if the elk have started the rut. I love watching those massive bull elk go through the fall ritual, they are a truly amazing animal.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

Blog Entries

I was busy editing in some photos to prime the pump on the thread, it'll be beautiful up there. I haven't been there since the year the dam broke, 82 maybe? I camped below the dam then moved on and caught I25 up to Lodgepole WY. and heard about the break and loss of life while eating in a café up there.

RMNP is one of the prettiest places on earth; by the way, I've been posting in our social group and not feeling the love.......

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

4. Likes mcnerney, comeonavs liked this post

I'm absolutely diurnal, but find myself covering the graveyard tonight and tomorrow night.

I thought this thread would be about night fishing. Only did that a couple of times, but found it interesting, to say the least. Mind your P's and Q's when casting, and let the fish run! Only time I've seen backing on a river.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

CAB

6. Likes mcnerney, Ard liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Hear you about a screwed up 'work clock.' In the International Finance business as a consultant and 'things' start in Germany which is 0100 PST. Then to London an hour later, then to 'Wall Street,' etc.

Name of the game is 'Shxt Flows Down Hill.'
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

8. Likes mcnerney, comeonavs, Ard, siege, dogtownlake liked this post
    Blog Entries

Ard: Great looking Bows! I know what you mean about the difference in catching trout over salmon. I too thought that you were starting a night fishing thread, LOL!
    Larry

10. Likes comeonavs, Ard liked this post

With a 3 weeks old baby boy, I am 101% a night owl.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

12. Likes fredaevans, Ard, mcnerney, cpiercem, lthrnk03 liked this post
    Blog Entries

With the chat box gone it gets lonely late at night so I put the thread up trying to attract the late night crowd. Feel free to post pictures or whatever you want to the thread. We can use it like a slow motion chat

14. Likes mcnerney liked this post

I never sleep till the wee hours so expect me to contribute. Nice pics Ard,,gets the blood pumping !
    I find my meal by finding my meal's meal.

16. Likes mcnerney, Ard liked this post

Default The Night Owl Fishing Thread;

I usually wake up around 3am est every day for some reason and am up for about an hour. I usually will read or browse this forum, I'll be checking into this thread then

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

18. Likes mcnerney, Ard liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast