Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  125
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2015)

We have a an active thread going on discussing what you do with all your excess flies (see below) so that got me to thinking that maybe it is time to start a new thread requesting flies for both 2015 Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery programs. If you have any excess flies that you would like to donate or are willing to tie up six or maybe a dozen for those two great organizations, that would be wonderful. The flies don't need to be all the same pattern, but they do need to be unused flies. If you can't tie or don't tie flies, we also except fly boxes or other items that would be appropriate as raffle items for the respective retreats.

The Project Healing Waters fly donation will be going to the Fort Belvior Wounded Warriors Program. Bob Gartner is the program lead for that program and was a tremendous help last year in getting our flies distributed to those programs in need. We also donated flies to the Casper PHW program, as well as the Wyoming CFR program, the Virginia CFR program and the Utah CFR program. If you have a favorite PHW or CFR program and want to donate your flies to them, let me know and I will make it happen. Last year we had 23 forum members who helped out with this project and we were able to donate hundreds of flies to both of these great organizations. If your willing to donate flies or other items to either Project Healing Waters or Casting for Recovery, send me a PM and I will forward my address.

My goal is to have all donated flies, fly boxes, etc to me by the end of April 2015, so I can get them mailed to the respective organizations.

What to do with flies you don't use

Volunteers helping out:
    1. Jpbfly......Flies received!
    2. Repperson29......Flies received!
    3. Hairwing530......Flies received!
    4. Slips74......Flies received!
    5. Mcnerney......Flies completed!
    6. Bear 007
    7. Lacanadio......Flies received!
    8. Comeonavs......Flies received!
    9. Fishiowa......Flies received!
    10. Depenner......Flies received!
    11. Imxer...........Fly Boxes received!
    12. Cowger10......Flies received!
    13. Gr8outdoorz
    14. Dean_mt...........Fly received!
    15. Lacanadio
    16. Mark C (a disabled vet here in town that wanted to donate)......Flies received!
    17. Wf10f......Flies received!
    18. Peter hanman......Flies received!
    19. Pjcalla......Flies received!
    20. Troutma99......Flies received!
    21. Depenner..........Fly Boxes received!
    22. Grtlksmarlin......Donation received!
    23. Tx_newb......Donation received!
    24. Rockriver......Flies received!
    25. Scoutm......Donation received!
    26. Gramps50......Flies received!
    27. Honyuk96......Flies received!
    28. Tamster321......Flies received!
    29. Unknownflyman......Flies received!
    30. Bruce_m......Flies received!
    31. Wjl......Donation received!
    32. Okbow68......12 Fly Fishing Lanyards received!
    33. Jaybo41......Flies received!
    34. Unita Fly Shop (a sponsor of the NAFFF)......50 fly boxes received!
    35. Realispatt......Flies received!
    36. Tbblom......Flies received!
    37. Kayo
    38. Tail_of_the_pool......Flies received!

Not all of us tie flies.
    Scoutm sent me a pm which made a good point about wanting to donate supplies or equipment needs to CFR and PHW, but wasn't sure what would be appropriate. Please realize, that virtually all of these folks are brand new to fly fishing, so if you don't tie flies and would like to contribute, you can still donate fly fishing supplies or equipment to these two great causes. Last year Fred donated a bunch of fly boxes and this year Imxer (Paul) did the same, but these organizations can always use more fly boxes.
    For example, Pjcalla donated some excellent flies but he also donated some floatant and tippet material as you can see from the photo:

Some things that come to mind that would be great items to donate:
    fly boxes, nippers, forceps, tippet material, floatant, desiccant, indicators, etc.
    Last edited by mcnerney; 05-08-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    Larry

Blog Entries

Default re: Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2015)

I will tie some flies as usual Larry

Default re: Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2015)

I'll tie some this year Larry.

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Larry,

I may be sick right now, but not even cancer has kept me down for long. You can always count on me for my usual collections, old friend. I'm in...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

I'm in Larry, I'll do what I can
    Tim

Count me in for tying flies also, pm sent.
    Trout Unlimited - Ken Lockwood #244

"A bad day at fishing is still better than a good day at work"

Hi Larry - I've got spares that are commercially tied. I can't tie for beans (yet), but will gladly contribute.

Bob

Blog Entries

Me as well, I don't know I will have time to match last years efforts even though I would love to. I will get some flies tied up.

Can you point me in the right direction...dries,nymphs,midges ? Any particular variety of flies that would be more beneficial than others.
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

I'm in!

Thanks for all your efforts in organizing this Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
    Me as well, I don't know I will have time to match last years efforts even though I would love to. I will get some flies tied up.

Can you point me in the right direction...dries,nymphs,midges ? Any particular variety of flies that would be more beneficial than others.

I'm interested to know as well, I'm no where near the level of most of you guys but can wrap a few simple flies that catch fish.

Ryan
    Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast