You just paid $50 for nippers. What's Next?

yikes

Reaction score
ABEL lip balm:

I think the case is machined from a solid block of aluminum...?

ted4887

Reaction score
As I was sitting on the banks of my local today, clipping the tag end of a knot off with Abel Nippers, I thought to myself... "I wish I hadn't left my chapstick in the car." I then proceeded to not catch a fish. This is a 100% true story.

A few hours later, I was able to apply said balm to my dry lips and then proceeded home to clean out my garage.

smilingduck

Reaction score
Gold teeth and watches we have plenty of those in California everyone already have all those things you can be the first guy on your block with a Golden Gate Bridge don't like gold I got a brand new Bay Bridge that was real expensive but I can hook you up with a good deal!

Gold teeth and watches these guys are silly...

caseywise

Reaction score
I have able nippers. Love em......i have able hemos as well. love them as well.
I also have a iphone 6 and a samsung 50" flat screen. i guess i dont need my henckel knives or dewalt tools or sony speakers. oh, or my north face backpack or seiko watch.
I understand being frugal and being rational(ask my wife about shoes:confused:),
But sometimes the finer things in life are in order;)
(Kinda like a really nice bone in ribeye or a good bottle of highland)

Casey

yikes

Reaction score
So the backstory is: I was at a flyfishing expo today and the sales rep from Abel was there. I told him that their nippers had caused more blog posts and debate than anything else on this forum, and he laughed and gave me the promotional lip balm.

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
Working in the outdoor retail sporting goods industry for 20 plus years, I have seen lots of promo swag. On my desk next to my computer right now are lip balms from Keen, Helly Hanson, Maui Jim, and The North Face. I may have a Simms lip balm in my fly fishing go bag.

The coolest piece of promo swag that I have ever obtained is a roll of Teva duct tape. How cool is that?

Dennis

eastfly66

Reaction score
oh well , they wouldn't make it if some one didn't buy it .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

my henckel knives or dewalt tools
Casey Mon , love the Henchel's got a complete set myself , but we need to do an upgrade on the Dewalt tool , going on the "one of these does not belong game" I think Hilti or at least Millwaukee is in order :)

silver creek

Reaction score
As I was sitting on the banks of my local today, clipping the tag end of a knot off with Abel Nippers, I thought to myself... "I wish I hadn't left my chapstick in the car." I then proceeded to not catch a fish. This is a 100% true story.

A few hours later, I was able to apply said balm to my dry lips and then proceeded home to clean out my garage.
You find any gold teeth in your garage?? ;)

I hear they are becoming really popular in Eagle River. Scares off the Hodags.

darkshadow

Reaction score
So the backstory is: I was at a flyfishing expo today and the sales rep from Abel was there. I told him that their nippers had caused more blog posts and debate than anything else on this forum, and he laughed and gave me the promotional lip balm.
I almost bought an Abel reel to get the free nippers, but I decided to put the wallet away.

Then I bought some Charles Jardine artwork.

Sage & Abel

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I actually consider highly machined fly reels, beautiful high performing fly rods and related accessories as functional pieces of art that I'm fortunate to be able to afford and to use and admire.

I love my nippers. Have two pair, actually. The things that get people riled up never ceases to amaze me.

1move

Reaction score
I still do not get why people get riled up about this and why bash a great product?

I enjoy "fly-fishing" and so what if I have Simms waders, Abel reels and a great nipper tool. I bought it! I also earned it and made the decision, just like you made the decision not to buy it. My decision was different than yours, and we might not agree on things but I enjoy a well-made product.

Most of you out there are proud Americans preaching and saying how you love your country and how you need to maintain your economy stable by buying an American made product and then you go to Walmart and purchase a pair of Chinese made Nippers/nail cutters and come on here and gloat about how some of us are stupid and spend $50 on a pair of nippers! However…. Here I am the “stupid” guy that just put food on someone’s table in America and supported a local company, and guess what?!?! I am Canadian!

So before you start preaching about how great America is, and how we should support our local fly-shop, please take a hard look at what comments you are making.

It’s like judging me on the make of the car I chose to purchase as it did not align with your choices so it must be terrible! Guess what it gets me from point A to point B just like yours, and just like those nippers. They will cut a line some better than others, but I as much as I enjoy fishing I get an equal amount of enjoyment in the “work of art” and great engineering that stands behind a great product.

Does it catch more fish? No! Does it do a better job? No! Do I enjoy it more? Hell yes!

So before you go knocking on someone’s choice and reasoning maybe look at some of the purchases you made in the past and still enjoy them to this day.