Playing with the 2wt

stimulator2

Reaction score
I bought the Orvis Superfine Carbon 6' 2wt rod with the reel and line to match couple weeks ago .I tied up a leader to try on it and hit it on the nose so the next thing was to fish it. Well mothers day I found a couple hours to fish and I was very happy with the results love this rod on small streams. Ann and I managed 17 fish to hand with it.

The last pool fished on almost the last cast I got this 12" rainbow man it was fun.

I feel like I will be finding more places to fish this rod.

bear 007

Reaction score
Nice, that's the thing, you start fishing around the rods you like, I picked up a small 6' 2wt fiberglass rod last fall, and now I'm looking for the smallest brooks I can find, welcome to the addiction.

stimulator2

Reaction score
North it handle a lot better than I thought with the 12" wouldn't mind a little bigger one just to see how it handled a 15" range trout.

north2future

Reaction score
North it handle a lot better than I thought with the 12" wouldn't mind a little bigger one just to see how it handled a 15" range trout.
Im thinking of getting the 4wt SF Glass... because I fish a river that is MOSTLY brookies, and smaller ones, but the big buck nasty browns do live there. But obviously there is that balance. You almost tempt me down to a 3wt, but I dont know.

killem

Reaction score
I have the triple 000 Sage, and love getting a larger brown on it...tons of fun, but you sort of need to know what you are doing (that's why I lose more then I land). still tons of fun to put a fish on it.

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
2 wts on any size fish can be a blast. Great pics. I am so looking forward to our up-coming High Mountain hikes where we catch smaller fish on 2 & 3t rods... so much fun. There is the chance of hooking a large bull trout or Salmon... no chance landing it, but still fun none the less.