Appropriate? This getting 'old' has its limitations.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Gut wrench, take a walk, I will drink. Lots.

News of another of my ' Buddies' has passed. Tents, camp fires, talk about the kids, 'My wife and I are not doing well together.' What the hell do you say, me/mine were not doing all that well together.

'Knew People' and both of his children got a "Full Scholarship's" through the University of Washington. They asked: 'Who?'

He: "You don't need to know."

One's now a respected MD, the other does "If you can think it up I can build it." Both sets of hands are total magic.

fae

wolfglen

Reaction score
As they say Fred, "Growing old is not for sissies, but it beats the alternative!"

Last year just before I went under the knife, I really wasn't thinking that I would get through it." And now I can walk again!

Actually, it wasn't that I couldn't walk, it was that I couldn't stand still or sit more than 15 minutes.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Fred: Sorry to hear another of your buddies as passed, it is tough when you hear things like that, my condolences to you and the family.

wolfglen

Reaction score

News of another of my ' Buddies' has passed. Tents, camp fires, talk about the kids, 'My wife and I are not doing well together.' What the hell do you say, me/mine were not doing all that well together.

'Knew People' and both of his children got a "Full Scholarship's" through the University of Washington. They asked: 'Who?'

One's now a respected MD, the other does "If you can think it up I can build it." Both sets of hands are total magic.

fae
Remember that you have a trip coming to you on Charlotte Harbor this winter, so take good care of yourself.

Jack

siege

Reaction score
I understand completely, Fred. The first thing I read in the newspaper every morning is the obituaries. Maybe just for the reassurance that I'm not there.
I taught ham radio classes, and administered tests to dozens of people over the years. One of my students administered the test to my son, many years later. It is inspiring to see things come full circle. Sadly, I just saw his obit last week. My generation is making way for the next. I hope the legacy we leave behind is a good one.

alpobodog

Reaction score

fae
Deepest regrets. Fred you remind me of my grandfather. He was a Kansas farmer - salt of the earth. I would love to fish with you and hear your stories.