Thanks Thanks:  36
Likes Likes:  5,662
Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258
Results 2,571 to 2,578 of 2578
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What Did You Buy Today?

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Denny, I got one of those for Christmas, took it down to the Flaming Gorge earlier this week. The wx forecast was for a high of 41 degrees and light and variable winds, not much need for a hand warmer in those conditions, but I wanted to give it try. Filled it up with lighter fluid and put the wick back on, then tried 4-5 matches, never did seem to want to fire up. Maybe I was doing something wrong?
    Hi Larry! NO, mine is a Zippo rechargeable electric handwarmer, it carries a 6 hour warming time on full heat. The heat is also adjustable in increments. No lighter fluid required.

Zippo Reusable Hand Warmers - Give Warmer Wishes | Zippo.com

Hope your's works out for you!

Denny

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

It's been awhile since I bought a new rod and reel. But today I bought a Redington Predator 8wt 7'11" with Redington Behemoth 7/8 to match.
    I am highly qualified to comment in this forum after receiving a Specialized High Intensive Training (S.H.I.T) at the Olde Schitt Institute of Technology (O.S.H.I.T).

Picked up a pair of Redington wading pants for creeping around little streams in this mostly snowless and iceless winter.

I bought my lab a pack so she can carry her own things on those days we are lucky enough to hit a back country stream .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thread Killer

X posted . Well I pulled the trigger today on two electric bikes . One is a cruiser style bike with a 350 watt motor in the hub for my wife and the other is a fat tire 2 wheel drive mountain / snow bike that has a 350 watt in back and a 250 watt in front . It can be used as a seven speed bike , 5 levels of PAS , one motor ,two motors or no motor . It comes with fenders and a rear rack for paniers . I also picked up an online dealership , so I got them very reasonable . They are white bikes (not color) meaning I put my own brand on them and they come with two year warranty . They are being drop shipped from Vegas , cant wait .

Edit : Added picture .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jangles; 01-19-2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added pic
    Thread Killer

7. Likes mcnerney, buffler razz liked this post

Lord help me .... yet another rod!
    This one was listed on eBay as a ''Custom Built Powell IM6, 9', #6, 3 pc'' .... but I don't think it is.
    If you fancy a guess at what it might be there's a thread here.

9. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Today I took delivery of a Scientific Anglers System 11 reel that I ordered from vintageflytackle. As some of you know, the SA System reels are basically Hardy Marquises that Hardy made for SA back in the day (the 70s, I think). Interestingly, they are noticeably cheaper than used Marquises (I'm a bit of a cheapskate, and wasn't willing to pay used Marquis prices when I could get this for much less). Still, it has "Handcrafted in England by Hardy Bros." on the back. This isn't my first gear-and-pawl reel--I use a JW Young 1530 on my 6 weight--but it is my first Hardy reel, Scientific Anglers notwithstanding.

It's everything I expected. From the pic and description on the website it looked to be in mint shape, and now that I've got it in hand it is in mint shape indeed. Doesn't appear to have been fished very much or very hard, and was obviously well maintained. The "drag" is surprisingly stiff for a gear-and-pawl, the drag adjustment actually seems to increase the drag appreciably, and the click is music to my ears. The System 11 is a bit bigger than the Salmon 1 and a bit smaller than the Salmon 2--I plan to use it on my 7/8 weight 13' spey rods. Since I got into double-handed rods and then bitten by the steelhead bug, I've been wanting to try a gear-and-pawl reel, and can't wait to hear its sweet song this fall on its first steelhead (here's hoping!).

And kudos to vintageflytackle--great site to buy from. I saw in another thread that the fellow who started the company passed away late last year, which I was sad to discover. They're still open for business, however, and I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Scott

11. Likes Lewis Chessman, brownbass liked this post

I ordered my first two handed rod, Burkheimer 7117, and then added a custom hatch 7.

Going out in three weeks with it and a guide

13. Likes bocast, Lewis Chessman, brownbass liked this post
Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258