Stealthcraft Boats

SloopJoshC

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone here is knowledgeable about stealth craft boats versus the usual clacka or hyde. I am interested in buying one due to how inexpensive they are but i want to know if anyone has one and if they love them like them or have had probems

GRN

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone here is knowledgeable about stealth craft boats versus the usual clacka or hyde. I am interested in buying one due to how inexpensive they are but i want to know if anyone has one and if they love them like them or have had probems
I can't comment on the Stealthcraft, but I know several guides who have knocked out a lot of days on big boney northeast rivers and swear by them.

TL's~

Davo

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know anything about them. Never seen one on the Snake. My advice is row several different makes of boat before you make your selection. All row a bit different and you will spend a lot of time in what you do choose. Make sure your happy with it first!!

GRN

Reaction score
I can't comment on the Stealthcraft, but I know several guides who have knocked out a lot of days on big boney northeast rivers and swear by them.

TL's~
Sorry, just realized what I wrote gave the wrong impression... correction:

I know several guides who have knocked out a lot of days on big boney northeast rivers in Clacka's and swear by them.

TL's~

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Sloop,
I know of a guide that started using one of them last season, the last I heard she really liked it.
Sorry I cannot offer you anymore than that, I will see her in a couple months and will update this info.

Like Davo said, get out and row several boats because your gonna spend alot of time in the one that you finally choose.

tjl5709

Reaction score
Anybody have any updates here?

Looked one over at the Midwest Fly Show.

Interesting build using honeycombed plastic to keep it strong/rigid but light.

nine_wt

Reaction score
I rowed stealthcraft many years ago. I had the impression they were very light so they are easy to row. I think they are great for slower moving water like rivers in Michigan but thats just my opinion. I heard some guides use them out west.

I like the fact that they have a less bowed rocker allowing them to plane and go fast when used with a motor.

Supposedly, they use material other than fiberglass such as kevlar and other plastics. Give them a call and interview them. www.stealthcraftboats.com

I did have a clacka which was much heavier and stable but did not motor as well.