Hello and Introduction

jsentell

Reaction score
Been registered and lurking for a while; just signed-in and they suggested I make my first post and say hello. So, Hello.

I live in southern New Jersey, have been fly fishing only ten years as I didn't know any better for the first twenty-five; tie my own flies, have built a rod (was kinda tough with old eyes and size A thread!), fish mainly warmwater for panfish and bass, pickerel, yellow perch, crappie. I belong to a TU Chapter and usually make 5-7 trips to PA trout streams with the club for trout.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.......

Regards all, Jim Sentell

BigCliff

Reaction score
Welcome to the group!

I actually worked in Camden for a little while, but found a much more dangerous situation over at Corson's Inlet. (Sand bars move, and they may not be there when you need to wade back in. Had to swim a bit. Surf's pretty cold in November.)

Davo

Reaction score
Spent my high school years in NJ. Did school in Millburn and summers in Bricktown. All sorts of fishing around for you. Welcome to posting.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. I understand your problem with your eyes. I don't do anything with out magnification these days. I use my computer glasses with some type of Mag-Eyes.

Frank

FISHN50

Reaction score
Hi Jim
Welcome from a fellow New Jerseyite. I'm in Central Jersey & mostly fish the Muskie. I do hit S.H. once in a while but I'm just really getting started FF in the salt.

The Pequest State Hatchery is having their annual open house this weekend & it's a good show with a lot going on , not just for trouters either. I'll be working the kids fishing pond so if you make it there look me up.

Neil

sparkie

Reaction score
Re: Hi All!

Hi everybuddy,

I am new to fly fishing so if anybody has some tips let me know. See ya!

da Bear

Reaction score
You sound like my kinda' guy. I love the warm water fish also, and I envy you being that close to PA and those wonder trout waters I've read and heard so much about. Welcome! Take care.