Get out and go fishing.

mridenour

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To much fluff not enough stuff.

Is anyone fishing?

Someone throw up a good TR.

It's Monday and the weekend trips should be up?
Just got back yesterday from 7 days of fishing. It will probably take a couple days to get the report up. Still have the camper sitting in front of the house.

el jefe

Reaction score
Went fishing two weekends ago, with my two older daughters, 14 and 17, in a high mountain meadow stream, one of those rivulets you lose sight of at times due to the grass. I have started leaving my kids alone to fish and work some things out for themselves. I look over and can see that my oldest daughter is standing in the stream, while her younger sister is kneeling on the bank, and they're talking about something. So I reeled up and wandered over. Turns out my oldest daughter caught an 18-inch Brown from the outside of an S-curve in the meadow stream, a truly gigantic fish from that water. The fly had gotten caught in the corner of the jaw, and the two girls were trying to get the hook out. I helped them get the hook out, and my oldest cradled the fish until he swam away on his own, just a few seconds later.

Like an idiot, I didn't have a camera, but that's as fine a trip report as I'll ever give.

PS Younger daughter caught a 15-inch rainbow last summer in another high mountain brook. Those two put me to shame when I take them fishing, and I'm very proud of them. Both fish noted here were caught on the same 863-4 Redington CT. They're going to have to start using 6-weights, and leave the light stuff for daddy while he's catching his dinks.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
My streams are constantly blown out and it's 90F in between. I've still fished more than I have in 20 years so don't judge me. :)

Planning a trip to the northern Driftless in about two weeks. I may have to drive a long way to get away from the muddy water.

lhook7

Reaction score
Unfortunately I was not able to get out this weekend. I had planned on taking off this coming Friday and going, but I had to cancel that because of work commitments. Hopefully I can make it out on Saturday or Sunday.

mridenour

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My streams are constantly blown out and it's 90F in between. I've still fished more than I have in 20 years so don't judge me. :)

Planning a trip to the northern Driftless in about two weeks. I may have to drive a long way to get away from the muddy water.
You should have come with us. We are going to recruit a couple more guys for the next trip out west. Cost should be pretty reasonable (it wasn't bad with just two guys) but splitting camping fees and diesel a few more ways would make it a bargain!

plecain

Reaction score
Yeah, let's see the reports:).

I'm trying to do my part. I've posted three so far this month. I should be good for one or two more.

GrtLksMarlin

Reaction score
I'll throw up some photos from my recent trip up North. Unfortunately we have had a few crisis since back, so until I can find the time to finish the report they will have to do.

Sadly, the first couple were AMAZING colored Brookies...Unfortunately I didn't get the camera working in a timely fashion, so back they went. I have never seen brookies that color of bronze, and unfortunately one of them may have been my first Tiger Trout, but now I can not be sure.

This second one is a series of like 5 photos wherein they are all blurry, and worked out about typical...IOW, the thing just flopped out of my hand, so all I get is a blur of fishrobatics.

That shown, know this was one of the times I tried to get a still photo and I goofed up and made a movie...Now, I had to ask the wife what I said, to translate if you will in that I have no frigging idea what that noise is. She claims that of late I mumble...HA! I say, Hah! Clearly fishing is a spiritual experience and the feeling overwhelmed me and I was speaking in tongues.

In any case, she claims that I said "You're okay, you're fine, I won't hurt you, I just want to get a little picture." I say that's bunk...Clearly it is the secret to the universe if I can just translate it.

[ame]http://youtu.be/x1jyzOeYoVk[/ame]

BTW, that is not my stunt double...So IATrouter, PROOF! I do fish! HA!

B.E.F.

jbcissell

Reaction score
My busy season ended on the 10th so I took off that night and fished the White and Norfork in Arkansas for 4 days. I took a guy that helped me and it was his first time cold water fly fishing. He just recently learned to fly fish on brim and bass. We caught so many fish we almost got tired of catching them. It was a much needed beginning to my slow season (the next 7 months wahoo!).

Don't really have any pictures of fish. Nothing exciting about 13"- 15" rainbows. I caught one fat rainbow but taking a selfie with a fish doesn't work so well :)

Josh

On our way out of Mississippi

Thursday morning on the Norfork tailwater

His first trout on the fly

Throwing hoppers on the White

We set up the hammocks down the slope of the hill to catch the cool air blowing up off the river. At the picnic table it felt 15 degrees warmer. It was cool enough we actually slept well.

Rim Shoals

After the rain came in. Notice the fog in the background.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
First time in a drift boat last Saturday and Sunday, Spey and switch rods, swinging and surface scandi lines for smallmouth bass and anything else that will hit a streamer, skater or diver. Many fish came to hand. Unfortunately I fell in love with sage Spey and switch rods.

wthorpe

Reaction score
Two responses to El Jefe earlier post:

1. Quite an accomplishment to get two teenaged daughters out fishing and with such great success. Great story. I have a somewhat older daughter who is on and off with fly fishing, but has fished some since she was about 8 or 10 years old. Congrats to you ... and them.
2. GET A CAMERA! (On the other hand, I do truly believe sometimes that taking a camera (or net for that matter) fishing jinxes things?!

jd1983

Reaction score
I've been going out a couple times a week, a couple hours each time. Nothing too exciting to post about. No consistent surface action in the mornings so it has been split case nymphs and pheasant tails lately. Probably averaging 1 fish an hour with a couple missed opportunities thrown in.

goat trail

Reaction score

I got out this weekend for a little bit. We've gotten a ton of rain this summer which has been interesting. I'm used to streams being very low this time of year but streams are running full and cold. The fish have responded well!

I had the hook pop out of one fish that was at least 18 inches and I rolled one that looked even bigger. I can't wait to get back to that spot but it might be a bit before it's fishable again. We had a pretty good storm roll through SE MN last night that left our streams running chocolatey and left NE IA flooded. More rain in the forecast for Saturday...

kevind62

Reaction score
I've been fishing every day for the past 8 weeks. Over 20 hookups per day with numerous rainbows and browns over 5 lbs. Every trip after I land the last one the alarm goes off and it's time to go to work. Sometimes life just sucks. But I try to be positive. I could be unemployed and married to an ugly woman. :icon_lol: Come on Sept 7, I know you're out there.