deal too good to be true?

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
was just looking on flyshopcloseouts where I got my tfo rod and orvis reel from and seen this deal on fly line and tippet. it sounds too good to be true. 1st its orvis green mountain weight forward floaating line in size 4,6,or 7 for $7.99. comes with built in leader loop. the other is 15 spools of tippet, 3 each of 3x 4x 5x 6x and 7x for $8.99. I needed a cheap line for my old martin so I grabbed up one of the lines cause that will work I am sure. but then my cousin also went half in and we got the tippet to split and take a chance on it/. not we know theres a risk that it could be bad but for 10 bux a piece or so theres not much to lose. I will get the stuff and test it out tie knots with it and all this and let ya guys kno if its good stuff. my other cousin got the leaders from orvis awhile back for 99 cents a leader and he tried one and it worked fine. will be the guinea pig on this one for you guys.

axle27

Reaction score
I just checked out that site. Nice.

Now, since I'm in the market for a reel, I'm torn between a few models:

The Orvis Battenkill Mid Arbor for 119.00 and a free spare reel

OR

The Lamson Radius Mid Arbor for 95.00.

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
mid arbor looks good I have one in titanium color but never used it yet. I am waiting to put it on my new custom rod when it gets here. I got it 2 weeks too late I guess! mine was 129 for the mid arbor IV model and no spare spool!!! :mad: I got my tfo and orvis rocky mountain reel from the site above for $188 free ship. . came in like 2 days! its awesome. brand new packaging and everything straight from the manufacturers

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
got the tippet and fly line and I took the tippet and pulled and stretched and knotted and all that and can't find any flaw in um. super cheap!!! the fly line was good also!