Change in the Way the Forum works?

dhaynes

Reaction score
Until recently when I opened the Forum page there was a link at the top, just under the banner, that said "LATEST FORUM POSTS". This allowed me to see new posts since my last visit (or since I marked all forums read). This no longer appears. Finding the latest posts is more cumbersome.. only the "TODAYS POSTS" under quick links appears... it's not quite the same.

Please bring back the link.... i rely on it and I think lots of other so as well...

lacanadio

Reaction score
Under "Quick links", there's "Today's posts". I've bookmarked that and it seems to do the same thing.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
When I am on the Forum Home Page I click on the NEW POST link on the top menu bar with the green background. That brings up all of the new post. Don't you have the New Post link on the same menu bar that Quick Links is on?

Frank

bill_s

Reaction score
If you are logged into the site, then on the menu bar, to the right of calendar will appear the "New Posts" button. If you are not logged into the site, then to the right of calendar will appear the "Today's Posts" button.

If you are a registered user, log into the site and that should solve your problem. When you login you can check the remember me option and you will not need to log in each time you visit the site from the same computer.

Hope that solves the problem for you.

dhaynes

Reaction score
Under "Quick links", there's "Today's posts". I've bookmarked that and it seems to do the same thing.
I've been using the TODAYS POSTS as well, but it is not the same.... Todays Posts show only posts today.. but If I'm away for a few days and want to catch up, I miss all the posts that were put up before TODAY.

It's a stopgap but I miss a lot of posts...

PLEASE BRING IT BACK

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

If you are logged into the site, then on the menu bar, to the right of calendar will appear the "New Posts" button. If you are not logged into the site, then to the right of calendar will appear the "Today's Posts" button.

If you are a registered user, log into the site and that should solve your problem. When you login you can check the remember me option and you will not need to log in each time you visit the site from the same computer.

Hope that solves the problem for you.
Bill_S... got it.. thanks so much.. didn't see this before I posted above... problem solved...

runningfish

Reaction score
+1 to Dhaynes.
The New Posts is only showing today's posts but not showing active or popular posts.
It is pretty cumbersome to search for different thread topics in different subfolders.

cletus

Reaction score
The tabs on the top banner (not the one which has User CP and New Posts on it) have changed. The top banner used to have a Forums tab which had a drop down choice of Latest Forum Posts. I'm using an iPad, not sure if it's a different layout on other platforms, but something has changed.

scoutm

Reaction score
PLEASE!!! Bring it back. Too often I'm not able to read all the posts and the recent post list always shoushowed them the new post only shows the ne since last look....impossible to find all the posts I didn't get to. Thanks.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
PLEASE!!! Bring it back. Too often I'm not able to read all the posts and the recent post list always shoushowed them the new post only shows the ne since last look....impossible to find all the posts I didn't get to. Thanks.
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2826265

I already post this. It will solve your problem. The link will show new posts and recent posts you didn't view like it did before. The link is found under quick links. It works better now than before because before it would come up with no search results found. Now this link is one click away from all the recent threads. Bookmark it.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2826265

I already post this. It will solve your problem. The link will show new posts and recent posts you didn't view like it did before. The link is found under quick links. It works better now than before because before it would come up with no search results found. Now this link is one click away from all the recent threads. Bookmark it.
That link you posted gets me "sorry no matches". But yes under "Quick Links" you can find what everyone is looking for. It will grab posts before 1201 AM today too.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
That link you posted gets me "sorry no matches". But yes under "Quick Links" you can find what everyone is looking for. It will grab posts before 1201 AM today too.
Arg. My bookmark link won't work for others then. Try making your own bookmark from todays posts under quick links. That should work. My link continues to works since the change. One click.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Arg. My bookmark link won't work for others then. Try making your own bookmark from todays posts under quick links. That should work. My link continues to works since the change. One click.
My bookmark worked a time or two and then not a few minutes later. It isn't wrecking my life but it might need a tweak if it is to be convenient.

mridenour

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just use the "New Posts" tab on the menu bar with the "User CP" and when I am done, go to "Quick Links>Mark Forums Read". Then the next time I hit "New Posts", only the posts that have been added since I hit "Mark Forums Read" appear. Super simple.