Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Enid Oklahoma. Hot, windy. Where they condemned the indians to because no one else wanted it.

Default Newbie

Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum. I am leaving Friday for an annual trip from Oklahoma to Wyoming and Montana. I usually stop first at Green River Lakes near Pinedale, Wy. and then go up to Alpine, Wy. and then to Yellowstone and finally to the Beartooth area. This year I may stop and fish in the Medicine Bow National Forest near Laramie, Wy. Can anyone suggest some small creeks in that area? I don't go but once a year and can't wade very deep water any more so I favor easy fishing stressing quantity of fish over size. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie

Can't help you with any suggestions, but I did want to say welcome to the forum!

Look forward to hearing about your trip when you get back. I'm from the NE and look forward to they day I can take a trip out west. Someday......
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

Enid Oklahoma. Hot, windy. Where they condemned the indians to because no one else wanted it.

Thanks Ant. You really should go if you can. I have never fished east of the Mississippi so I'm sure Iv'e missed out too but I have a brother in West Yellowstone and am too hooked on the west to change my ways now.

Blog Entries

1tun....I think my friend Larry(Mc Nerney) should give you some good infos soon

Thanks Jbbfly.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Thanks Jbbfly. I see from your profile you once guided in Austria. My nephew is assistant professor of evolutionary biology at University of Vienna. Maybe I will visit him one day and we can go fishing. It could happen.

Hi 1tun,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad you decided to join us and look forward to a report of your trip.

Larry won't be available for a while but we have several members from that area that might be able to help you.

Frank

Thanks Frank. I would like to post a picture next to my user name. (An avatar?) is that hard to do? Never mind. The good wife did it for me.
    Last edited by 1tun; 08-15-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1tun View Post
    Thanks Jbbfly.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Thanks Jbbfly. I see from your profile you once guided in Austria. My nephew is assistant professor of evolutionary biology at University of Vienna. Maybe I will visit him one day and we can go fishing. It could happen.
    You're welcomeI guided in Austria for a few years and been going there to fish for 25 years...so why not meet there one dayI posted about my last trip on the forum...you can have a look

9. Default Re: Newbie

good luck mate

Blog Entries

1tun: You will need a Medicine Bow National Forrest map, stop in at the Four Seasons Fly Shop on Snowy Range Rd, Laramie and pick one up, then ask some questions about which stream is fishing best. They have a chaulk board to the left of the counter with the latest information on fishing conditions. You will want to target French Creek, Douglas Creek, Libby Creek, Hog Park Creek, the North Platte River and the lakes up near the peak also have some really great fishing. Here is a previous thread on fishing the Snowies you might be interested in reading: Hog Park Creek, Wy
    Here is a link with some of Lambsters photos from fishing in the Snowies:
    Georgia Fly Guide Fish Stories
    You might also ask the Four Seasons Fly Shop about how the plains lakes are fishing, it might be worthwhile to throw a bug or two on one of those lakes before heading into the mountains. Good luck and be sure to post a trip report when you get back.

Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast