Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Let's see your hat

Quote Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion over the years as to what hats are best or better and why. I go with what's most comfortable.
    I have to agree. I normally just wear a CAT ballcap. Prize in guessing why.........
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Blog Entries

You either sell them or operate them??

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

cattec89
    You started out as an apprentice mechanic at a Cat dealership in 1989. Walker?
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    cattec89
    You started out as an apprentice mechanic at a Cat dealership in 1989. Walker?
    Close but, 1989, I was 3 so......... 89 is the month and day I started.
    Yup, Im a grease monkey.
    Last edited by cattech89; 08-18-2010 at 05:01 AM. Reason: I was afraid I sounded like a jerk towards mojo.Sorry!
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

5. Default Re: Let's see your hat

I wear baseball caps because they keep my hair back, but my ears get burnt:

So, Cowboy hats are my favorite except if it is really windy:

And the winter version:

Oh yeah, the good old Lochsa

Blog Entries

I wear a Berkley camo ball cap that came free when I bought some spin line. My step-daughter picked it out and I wear to show how appreciative I am that she didn't pick the pink one.
    Anthony Laurence
    www.anthonylaurence.net
    Web Developement and Design
    FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog

I used to wear a bluejays baseball cap but i somehow lost it on the last 5 hours of my 3 week trip to hong kong/china. i had it with me on the very last plane ride and i dont know where it went after that.
    Now i wear a Tilley widebrim hat (The LT6B). It was decently expensive compared to other hats but its quite comfortable, good quality and made it canada so i feel that it was worth it. plus i think it looks pretty sharp. No pictures of me wearing it ( though twfitw might have a picture of me. If you're reading this, feel free to post one if you got one.)
    I chose the hat not because i fear skin cancer, which now i do, but because i think i look like a goof after i get a haircut and i have a hair-line tan going. My long sleeve shirt i wear most of the time when fishing also has a higher collar than some of my shirts/sweaters and i hate that tan too.
    Last edited by ssjchar; 08-18-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Not exactly a slave to fashion, I'm a cap person and with ears this big they provide shade to the neck and chest areas.

[IMG][/IMG]

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

9. Default Re: Let's see your hat

Dang Ard. I thought there was a moose standing behind you.

OK, here is SSJ's hat...

And mine, which my best mates sister gave to him for Christmas a couple years ago, and when I was out in South Africa I couldn't find my normal hat and seeing as it didn't fit him I borrowed it for our fishing trip. I decided I liked it, and it didn't fit him but he wouldn't part with it easily.... so it took me 2 weeks to wear him down and eventually I had to out fish him on a 3 day trip before he let me have it... I have worn it on every fishing trip since then...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast